She's gonna be so fine

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Anytime friend. I've heard the Edelbrock one is nice, but again......haven't used it so you need to hear from others who actually run dual quads already.
Edit: typed that while Leo was posting. That looks great......air cleaner looks good too.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mine had the original linkage and carbs, but I have found that it is much more responsive and easy to drive with a straight, non-progressive setup. I'd save a few $$ and build a direct setup to start with.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Dave I'm doing just that, sorry no pictures but everything is coming together should be a couple of weeks and off to the dyno
I will try my best to have pictures......... hopefully video of that. I will be using a dual point distributor so I can use my factory tach set up, got any suggestions on spark plugs for this animal

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well....... went to the Machine shop today the engine looks great,:dance waiting on headers and maybe............... An intake from Aubrey if I understand him right he will ship mine out Monday and jack says we will use it if I get it within the next two weeks, Jack is suppose to send pictures and we will get video no matter what when we dyno it.
I can't wait this thing has taken years..................seems like.............THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE , I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU, oh ya if you want to help some more....... there is a machinist bill:hide

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Aubrey,............... First......... YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO, :dancenow as far as trading bills................ NO, ................ the machine shops that are good you pay out the a$$ for, mine will be bad enough but nothing compared to what yours is, but you have made something you can be proud off, and believe me I have beat my chest using your name and bragging about your intake, it is something that will be around forever, think about that, your own monument:clap:clap:clap hope you can make the great bend trip, would love to meet you in person

Martin

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D just got back from Florida and My New SpeedPort 7000 is here .......... already put my stickers up, now have to make plans to get this thing going.............. everything is finally here, :happyfunny how two weeks can turn into a month or two, oh ya the headers came in too, now have to talk to the machine shop and see what their time frame is, for the DYNO, it is going to be cutting it close to try and get this thing in before the BIG CONVENTION

Attachments

• Speedport 7000.jpg
    Speedport 7000.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Speedport 7000-2.jpg
    Speedport 7000-2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks great Martin! Happy Independence Day. Glad ya'll made it home okay and hope you had a great trip. Last week was sure a HOT one to be in FL. We are packing today to leave for Gatlinburg in the morning. Very little wi-fi or cell reception up in that area, but I'll try to check in here when I can.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Finally got a picture, :dancessoooooooooooo ............here it is

Attachments

• 20141009_165026.jpg
    20141009_165026.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 99
  • PART_1413838048259.jpg
    PART_1413838048259.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 89

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:cool: I really like the black wires, looms, and fuel line! The whole package looks very nice. That air cleaner you picked out will compliment it well too.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The Block huggers were suppose to be temporary anyway, but now that they won't work...................... wasted money..:bang

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Don.........Looking at the pictures, this is the first time I have seen the engine this complete, Jack Cornett took and sent the pictures, and now I'm wondering will this oil pan fit in my car, anyone know, :dunno

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ya ..........Linda even saw the pictures of the engine before I did........:cry........but I'm excited again almost finished....:dance