"The" Homewrecker

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
:crazy
I WAS NEVER given a bill for the chair usage!!!! I thought it was covered under "friendship dues"!!!!

That's why no one wants me for a friend..................:crazyThe dues come too high...:danceAt least I have Dan on my side now.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Engines getting a re-fresh, new gear box, driveshaft, and I am in the process of cleaning all the brackets off the rear end and frame for a complete re-do. I should have no problem being ready for the convention :scared

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW are you busy!!! New gear box = steering or transmission ? Also waiting to see what you do with the rear suspension. Please NO wheel tubs. Some small "mini-tubbing" might be okay, but I sure hope not. Also - no offense to anyone with a big slick car. It just seems like it would be a shame to cut up The Homewrecker or any other clean X frame car....especially one with a history.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
WOW are you busy!!! New gear box = steering or transmission ? Also waiting to see what you do with the rear suspension. Please NO wheel tubs. Some small "mini-tubbing" might be okay, but I sure hope not. Also - no offense to anyone with a big slick car. It just seems like it would be a shame to cut up The Homewrecker or any other clean X frame car....especially one with a history.
:yup

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Engines getting a re-fresh, new gear box, driveshaft, and I am in the process of cleaning all the brackets off the rear end and frame for a complete re-do. I should have no problem being ready for the convention :scared
Some more info please:beer

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
NO WHEEL TUBS!!! . I am switching from a 9" tire to a 10.5" but that still fits. Had to send the wheels to get widened and they should be here soon. Sent the clutch out and waiting for that too. Switching from 5" coils to coil overs and adding a back brace. Also moving the anti roll bar off the housing and onto the frame. The frame bracket on one side is also 5/8 off (the original guy who did the suspension. Not me :punch2). Moving the mounting locations back 3/4 to move the housing for tire clearance. Switching from a Jerico to a G101a but still keeping the H pattern and clutch assist but it is a different length so the shaft needs a new tube. The engine was making some metal so had to investigate. 1 bad rocker, a few shims under the valve springs had some plating that was flaking and sending it through the engine. The main bearings were starting to fatigue also. The biggest problem is I never thought the compression was what it was supposed to be. I cc'd everything and instead of 12.8.1 they are 11.1. BIG difference. Diamond is making new pistons and was supposed to rush them because of the screw up. That's a long story that is still developing and I am still waiting for the pistons. That is a brief run down of what is going on. The car has not been out since last October. I should of started this soon but lack time, motivation, or money stalled everything. I just hope I can make the convention with the car. I don't think I have Brian's stamina though

Last edited:

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
I had some major issues with Diamond to Dan ! They did finally get it right and they did make it right so I think you'll be okay !

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got the new pistons and mocked them up to check compression. Happy to report that it is 14.2:1 :). They are getting .015 shaved off to get the height where it needs to be but I should still wind up with a solid 13.9:1. Kind of interesting is that they are actually 1 gram less than the 11.1:1 max lightened pistons that were in it.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I got the new pistons and mocked them up to check compression. Happy to report that it is 14.2:1 :). They are getting .015 shaved off to get the height where it needs to be but I should still wind up with a solid 13.9:1. Kind of interesting is that they are actually 1 gram less than the 11.1:1 max lightened pistons that were in it.
Great news , :claphow about a photo of those pistons:rub

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Great news , :claphow about a photo of those pistons:rub

Yeah, that compression came out great!
That should give you a nice little bump in the horsepower department. :beer
I know you're running low on time but, we've got faith that you're going to have things buttoned up in time for the big convention. :beer

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'll post a pic next to the old ones when I get them back. 3 points of compression should be noticeable :burnout. IF I do get it together, the car will be pretty much untested so look for me to be running down continuously!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
:flag:flagAre you running a 1 or 2 piece driveshaft Dan? Keep working, the Homewrecker needs to be at Great Bend.

Took the 64 out for a test and tune last night....she's good to go. First trip for the new trailer went well.:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One piece 3.5" chromoly. Sounds great Dave! You will love that new trailer the first time you drive into a rain storm and your ride is comfy cozy.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks for your input on my trailer. Keep us posted on your progress when you have time.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I spotted similar pistons in a 348 block in the 'collection'. Who makes them?