"The" Homewrecker

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Those pistons look great!
I gather that the first set they sent were like the ones we got. Our Diamond came in at 11.48 to 1 with a 4.25" stroke. (we asked for maximum compression)
Next time I'll see if we can get a set like you got. :clap

The pan looks good too. They say a kick out like that really helps.
Too bad you won't have it done in time to make it to Great Bend. :cry
Are you planning to dyno the engine? I'll bet it's going to make great power! :beer

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Those pistons look great!
I gather that the first set they sent were like the ones we got. Our Diamond came in at 11.48 to 1 with a 4.25" stroke. (we asked for maximum compression)
Next time I'll see if we can get a set like you got. :clap

The pan looks good too. They say a kick out like that really helps.
Too bad you won't have it done in time to make it to Great Bend. :cry
Are you planning to dyno the engine? I'll bet it's going to make great power! :beer
Probably just the 1/4 mile dyno. It is a small kick out on the pan but I am fitting a crank scraper so I figured all the oil getting cleaned off needs somewhere to go. Just try to decide if I want to go with a windage tray or not.

There is a little more compression to be had if one wants to get creative, but I will be a minimum of 13.5 in a truck block and I am happy with that.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good Dan! Hadn't seen an update since Sept. 5th. Sorry I missed everything since then. Pistons look awesome.

RE: the previous pistons that cc'd at 11:1 you mentioned in post #292 - Were those the ones I bought or the first replacement for this refresh set that Diamond made wrong?

Did you make your own crank scraper or use an off the shelf BBC one?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Those are t.he ones you have. I went with a Moroso BBC scrapper. Have to drill the new bolt pattern and move it a little closer due to the smaller counter weights but it still saves some time.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If they cc'd at 11 to 1 in your truck block they should be closer to 12 in my car block. That is good news. Also good news on the Moroso crank scraper as I've been thinking about using one myself. Don't forget a pan baffle to keep oil from sloshing up the rear of the block when you leave.

Anything new in the intake department? With the gains in compression and improved oil control, you'll easily be under 10.50's I bet. I have been "bummed-out" since I started about the lack of a real intake to keep up with a set of ported heads. I know it's been a thorn in the side of several of ya'll racers as well. The more I get to seeing what some have been able to do with the Edelbrock dual quad, the less I'm worrying about it. Monk's engine made enough power with one to run what I want to, and you and Gerry are both already running as good as my end goal is.....so I just need to stop thinking about it I guess.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
20090428_311.JPG 20090428_310.JPG 20090428_314.JPG

I think I showed you these already. I wish we could get a look inside this one without that top bolted on it. These pictures are from this site, but I don't remember whose intake it was or who built it. I bet someone can fill in the blanks.