"The" Homewrecker

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
brush on some POR orange engine enamel, it lays down and looks sprayed and is nice and shiny. Likely the same in black works as well but haven't used that.

Don
We have the interior paint that matches the interior real well. I believe it is about 40% gloss same as the original paint on the dash. I don't know think it would lay down if brushed because it is laquer based and what dry too fast. I sprayed it before and I'll do it again. It wasn't fun though.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
sounds like good progress Dan. How have you connected the body to the chassis?
We replaced all the rubber mounts with solid aluminum biscuits and there is tubing running along the rockers and passes through the floor in several places(fully welded) that attach to the frame by the front body mount on the firewall and in the rear they attach to a crossmember from the frame that is welded to the rocker in front of the rear wheel. There is also a bar that runs from that in front of and parallel to the rear seat that follows the contour of the floor pan and ties into the top of the X on the frame. The door bars, hoop, and diagonal braces for the hoop attach to that added tubing. Basically makes the X frame into a perimeter frame. Kind of have to see it to get a full idea, but nothing hangs below the rocker. I'll post pics when it comes back before the interior and carpet go back in.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dropped her off at the chassis man. Had car on a rack and it is super straight. The largest discrepancy was only 4 mils. Actually wound up it was in the spring buckets. Thats getting fixed and also cut out the swing out door bars for welded in and got rid of the rear bars that followed the roof line and went through the package tray. Replacing those with straight bars through the back seat area and also an X to go along with it. Also decide to put in an anti-roll bar in the rear. I'll do that myself. Just figuring out how I want it and what size bar right now. Those things should really help get the 60 foot down. What I am not looking forward too is repainting the roll bar. What a pain in the hind end that is!
Dan,
I used Rust-Oleum red paint added a little black & flattener, Put it on with a foam brush was done in no time
:browmopar 035 (Small).jpgmopar 037 (Small).jpgmopar 036 (Small).jpg

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Brian The cage looks great :cheersI seen your car up @ Randy's when you first dropped it off .
Are you doing anything else this winter ?

Andy

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
[quote"droptop62ss, post: 163183"]Brian The cage looks great :cheersI seen your car up @ Randy's when you first dropped it off .
Are you doing anything else this winter ?

Andy[/quote]
:rub a few little things

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We replaced all the rubber mounts with solid aluminum biscuits and there is tubing running along the rockers and passes through the floor in several places(fully welded) that attach to the frame by the front body mount on the firewall and in the rear they attach to a crossmember from the frame that is welded to the rocker in front of the rear wheel. There is also a bar that runs from that in front of and parallel to the rear seat that follows the contour of the floor pan and ties into the top of the X on the frame. The door bars, hoop, and diagonal braces for the hoop attach to that added tubing. Basically makes the X frame into a perimeter frame. Kind of have to see it to get a full idea, but nothing hangs below the rocker. I'll post pics when it comes back before the interior and carpet go back in.

Dan,
Any photos yet?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Its back but I'll patch the floors and paint etc. before I post pics. Have to keep up appearances :brow

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Ishiftem and jim_ss409. I wanted to thank you and the guys for the great advice regarding fuel delivery. Recently I upgraded my system with a 1/2" socket welded in the bottom of my standard tank running -8 into a Holley 150 pump then -8 up to the engine bay into a mallory hi flow reg then two -6 lines into carbs. I also removed the air doors in the carbs. Well I drove out to our first test and tune for the year yesterday and ran PB 11.17 @ 119.87 mph shifting at 5600 rpm. The 60' was 1.55 and she ran 7.08 seconds to half track.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Ishiftem and jim_ss409. I wanted to thank you and the guys for the great advice regarding fuel delivery. Recently I upgraded my system with a 1/2" socket welded in the bottom of my standard tank running -8 into a Holley 150 pump then -8 up to the engine bay into a mallory hi flow reg then two -6 lines into carbs. I also removed the air doors in the carbs. Well I drove out to our first test and tune for the year yesterday and ran PB 11.17 @ 119.87 mph shifting at 5600 rpm. The 60' was 1.55 and she ran 7.08 seconds to half track.

Carl,
That's great :dance:dance

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

That's awesome! Really glad I could say something that was actually useful:laugh What was your previous best? Best 60'? Also were there any other changes and what was your fuel system prior?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7

Ahhhhhhhh,$hit!

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys. Didn't spend big bucks Ray? I think my previous best was an 11.33 @ 119.06 mph in good evening air. In the heat of the day would normally run 11.40's - 11.50's @ 118 - 116 mph depending on air. My previous best 60' was also 1.55 seconds but in really good conditions, the air on the weekend wasn't the best, not sure what the DA was but other guys were off. The changes were, Holley HP 150 pump, remove air doors in carbs, 0.080 sec jets, a little more timing and short shifting @ 5600 rpm. I previously ran jetting tune (2 x 600 eddys)# 21 in the eddy book with .086 jetts in the rear. Same jetting in the front but with the .080's in the secondary's now. Previous fuel system was stock 3/8" pick up with -6 / 3/8" line down to a Carter black 100 gph pump mounted aft, then 3/8" line forward into a cool can in the engine bay. From the cool can 3/8" line into a return reg with 5/16" fuel return back to tank. From the reg was also 2 x 3/8" lines into carbs. After checking the timing for the first time in a long time found that total was only around 28 deg, should have been 36 deg. This would explain why over the months the car slowly started to run warmer, used more fuel and became slower at the track. I think the dizzie clamp nut wasn't tight enough:doh Bumped timing up to 38 deg total. Being a test and tune I also wanted to play with shift rpm and found that 5600 rpm was the sweet spot after previously shifting at 6000 rpm. New trap speed over the 1/4 is now approx 6200 rpm from previous 5800 - 6000 rpm. :cheers

Any pix of your car Dan?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys. Didn't spend big bucks Ray? I think my previous best was an 11.33 @ 119.06 mph in good evening air. In the heat of the day would normally run 11.40's - 11.50's @ 118 - 116 mph depending on air. My previous best 60' was also 1.55 seconds but in really good conditions, the air on the weekend wasn't the best, not sure what the DA was but other guys were off. The changes were, Holley HP 150 pump, remove air doors in carbs, 0.080 sec jets, a little more timing and short shifting @ 5600 rpm. I previously ran jetting tune (2 x 600 eddys)# 21 in the eddy book with .086 jetts in the rear. Same jetting in the front but with the .080's in the secondary's now. Previous fuel system was stock 3/8" pick up with -6 / 3/8" line down to a Carter black 100 gph pump mounted aft, then 3/8" line forward into a cool can in the engine bay. From the cool can 3/8" line into a return reg with 5/16" fuel return back to tank. From the reg was also 2 x 3/8" lines into carbs. After checking the timing for the first time in a long time found that total was only around 28 deg, should have been 36 deg. This would explain why over the months the car slowly started to run warmer, used more fuel and became slower at the track. I think the dizzie clamp nut wasn't tight enough:doh Bumped timing up to 38 deg total. Being a test and tune I also wanted to play with shift rpm and found that 5600 rpm was the sweet spot after previously shifting at 6000 rpm. New trap speed over the 1/4 is now approx 6200 rpm from previous 5800 - 6000 rpm. :cheers

Any pix of your car Dan?
Very cool :clap I think we are sticking with the 150 holley pump but will switch to the Weldon sportsman once we get some base line with new setup. The 150 pump puts out 100gph at 16 ponds where as the weldon puts out 160 gph at a whopping 26 pounds. I want to wait though because I want to see what difference just swapping pumps does and isolate it from the other changes. Pix? I need to look at pix just to remember what the car looks like:laugh A lot has been happening. Some really good and some really bad. Just haven't had time. Hopefully things should be good in a couple weeks and I can get out there. Tons to do!