"The" Homewrecker

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Great info and real inspiration for those of us still in the garage..........:beer
Now I know why we have the best site online..........:bow
Hope to see you in Thompson......:D
:cheers
bj

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, finally have the engine out and torn down. Hoping to drop it off at the machine shop tomorrow. Next step is remove the rear end and start fabricating for the anti roll bar. So much to do and so little time:(

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
[ Next step is remove the rear end and start fabricating for the anti roll bar. ? :scratch
Yep. Got a 1 5/16 gun drilled splined bar and 4130 arms. Stock car stuff. The drag race stuff offered is too narrow for the car. Should really help even the tire loading while keeping the shocks set pretty even side to side. Don't worry, I'll post pics one day:roll

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Finally making progress. Floors are patched back in, rear firewall is done, heater, radio, and wiper motor are out. Got our fuel line back from having the ends crimped. Made the brackets and such for the anti roll bar. Next step is get the rear back under the car so I can make frame brackets for the end links and the links themselves.
DSCN1339.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

DSCN1346.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg
DSCN1345.jpg

DSCN1344.jpg

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rear end is back under the car with the anti-roll bar. Should make a sizable difference in the 60' times. Also finished the trunk. Fitting the carpet where the back seat was now. Still a lot to do but at least the list is getting shorter!
DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1354.jpg

DSCN1353.jpg

DSCN1351.jpg

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Are you going to stay with a 9" slick or go bigger? and how much waight did you add with all that new stuff :rub

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 9" tire is still plenty. We were getting 1.53's last year so with the changes it will get better. Models916 pointed out that the left rear was hopping slightly and it still pulled those 60 foot times. The added stuff added about 40 pounds, but we took out the heater, radio, and wiper motor which saved 27 pounds plus the back seat so it's close to a wash. Besides, the improvement would way offset that weight anyway.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Its a 10.5 Mcleod. Last year we had it at 1,045 base pressure with 11.5 grams of counter weight on each lever. I like it a little tighter to keep maintenance low.

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Hope this picture goes thru !
Is this what you are trying to do ? My best 60 ft. --- 1.41 & i think Steve's Wully Bully car has gone a 1.38.

GRU_0154.jpg

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Finally got the bars painted and the back carpeted. We never did carpet before so I am real happy how this turned out.
DSCN1374.jpg

DSCN1366.jpg