Wheel color - 62 Impala

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
Did a search here but just saw threads about Corvette wheel color. We are thinking about installing some reproduction 8.00 x 14 BFG Silvertown tires on our 62 Impala 409/409 car and wanted to confirm proper wheel color. Car left the factory with full wheel covers and whitewalls, should wheels be body color or black? Currently we have body color wheels on the car but not 100% sure that is correct. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 327

62BillT

Well Known Member
I see that my old '62 was 925. Fawn Interior, Black color Molding Insert. Although I bought the car in '69, it had Full Wheel Covers and Corona Cream colored Wheels. But, the car was repainted a little before I bought it. Did they re-paint the Wheels? I never paid that much attention. All I know is that I painted them all Black and put Baby Moons on it till I could afford Chrome Reverse.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I know this is for 62 cars, but i remember my dad bought new a 58 biscayne coral and white 4 door and it had the coral painted rims with the dog dish caps.

62_Conv_2-4s

Well Known Member
I do beleive the 58 cars with full wheel cover had silver painted wheels. The same color as the middle bumper panels.

bobs409

Administrator
Something not mentioned, didn't the body colored wheels have black on the back sides? I thought I read that but not sure. :rub

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I do beleive the 58 cars with full wheel cover had silver painted wheels. The same color as the middle bumper panels.
Seems like i remember that on 58 impala when body was black. Not sure on other colors since i didn't see that many Anyway growing up on farm.

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
What is commonly accepted as the proper original equipment tire, the Silvertown or the Goodyear Speedway Cushion? I personally have mostly seen the repro Silvertown's - not so much for the Goodyear's.