Gauging Interest: South Eastern Members Get Together

Would you be interested in attending a Southeastern 348/409 Get Together??

• Total voters

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
YES IT IS!!! Thanks for the reminder Martin. We should do a roll call maybe?

I'll be there!! Won't be driving anything old and cool, but I'll be there.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ya I'm in the process of buying an open trailer, partner with my brother, so I won't have to pull the enclosed, but it'll have the 327 in it :crynot a bad little 327, it's the only small block I own, when the 409 is finished i'll sell the 327. ya it would be nice to know who is planning to join us, So far I think it is Don Jacks, Eric Kozmic, You, and Me, that is a great start I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and talk CARS AND ENGINES :drunk :pop I can't wait..................... this should hold me over till we meet in
GREAT BEND

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'll be bringing the whole family and probably staying friday & saturday night - - sorta a mini-vacation. We're just going to find a place after we get there I guess....probably somewhere inexpensive since we'll have to get 2 rooms. The wife and kids are going to find some fun stuff to do while we hang out and go to the track.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have linda looking at some rooms, as soon as I find one I'll let you know, I want to contact them so I can maybe work
out a racers special. we will probably stay Friday and Saturday also.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just thinking out loud and trying to see what will get some of ya"ll interested, maybe have a quick 8 (348 or 409 cars only)
AND.............................. have a race for members only or cars that were available with 348 or 409 option. $250.00 to the winner of the Quick 8 and then put them into the members only race which will run for 500.00 purse. All losers of the Quick 8 will automatically go into the members only race. Again I'm just thinking out loud and trying to keep the entry fee around 35.00 for car and driver. now there are two of my ideas anyone else. there were 14 guys that voted and I see this thing getting all kind of views but only have 4 guys that have committed, this first trip is to meet the owner/manager of the track but it would be nice to tell him what we want he has pretty much said we could do whatever we want. so at least I'm thinking race and show. 1 or 2 days that will be the next question, maybe just race or maybe just show, :dunno maybe meet and have a cruise in Friday night and the race sat then leave Sunday to drive home :dunno hey anyone know how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Cars that were availeable with the 348-409 option would mean that someone could enter,say a 61 with a smallblock,bigblock,ls series ect.In my opinion,no.If you want to do that,just show up for a regular bracket race.For me,it's about the engine,I dont care what car its in.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Cars that were availeable with the 348-409 option would mean that someone could enter,say a 61 with a smallblock,bigblock,ls series ect.In my opinion,no.If you want to do that,just show up for a regular bracket race.For me,it's about the engine,I dont care what car its in.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like the 348-409 Fall Nationals in Great Bend!!! Could be a F*urd Focus or a 56 Nash Metropolitan that races on Sunday but it will have to have either a 348 or 409 engine to run!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!~

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I see what Don and Phil are saying, but for a small-time deal like this will be (at least for awhile) I don't think we're likely to have even four W powered cars to show up to race. Right now there are only 4 of us who have confirmed we're going to meet up to just hang out and plan a later event. I won't even be bringing an old car then, and if I could bring my car it would still have a rat motor in it as the 409 isn't near complete. Martin is bringing his '62, but it has a 327 now with a 409 being built. Don Jacks' 348 stroker is also unfinished.
That leaves Eric Kozmic with the only W powered vehicle confirmed to be there next month, and he's not planning on racing now or in the future. He is coming for the fellowship and to (un-formally) show his car.

I think that allowing 58-64's (technically '65s too) run despite the engine......at least until some more interest is shown........will be a must. I hope to not make another pass until I have a 409 under the hood, but if I did have it going with a bbc or sbc I'd want to be included. Personally I don't care about a purse....it's just fun for me. I'd be willing to contribute with the same buy-in as everyone else, but if I won with a non-W powered car I wouldn't accept a pay out. I know they are too far away probably, but just for examples:
TomO's white '63 with sbc, TomK's '62 Bel Air that's now a 454, Bob Walker's bbc powered '63......I would enjoy seeing cars like those run almost as much as a 409. I'm sure most spectators would as well.

Hopefully after a year or two we could get enough interest generated to have a 348/409 only race. (And hopefully some of us have our W finished by then.) We could have others still welcome to run with the group, but not for any purse maybe? Hopefully anyone attending or hoping to attend can discuss this further and come to an agreement.

You all have made me feel most welcome for all these years despite not having a W engine, and I'd want to extend the same courtesy to anyone else.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks for the input guys FIRST OFF it is definitely about the W Engines, because that's what we are all about. but I was thinking more on the lines of getting our group that plays here on the website, basically a club, a time and place to meet and tell a few lies and make some memories and when your racing down the track no one sees the engine anyway as far as the purse I thought that might get more people involved, heck I don't care about the money, a big trophy would be nice or a big IRON SKILLET with the date, place, and time engraved on it, and we could pass it back to the winner every year, I'll pay for it, just some ideas, really just looking to meet a great bunch of guys who have the same passion for W engines and CARS in general that I have. This site has really become a special place for me to go and just unwind after a long day, I really enjoy it. and hey look we got Phil involved,
another opinion, lookin forward to hearing some more

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don't get me wrong when I say I don't care about a purse. I in no way mean I think we shouldn't have one. I'm all for having a purse to give incentive for people to show up. I just mean that I won't be running with hopes of winning anything......just having fun. In fact, I think that if we do a "ladder" that once eliminated that we outta let anyone who wants to keep making passes continue pairing off and playing. That would mean more passes for spectators to enjoy, more seat time for us guys, and more cool down time for the people still in the running. What do ya'll think?

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Anything is fine with me Don. IF ya'll decide to do it in a bracket racing format......I'd advise you to try to pair up with me for the first round. :deal My reaction time is on the WRONG side of the decimal place most of the time :laugh and I haven't made a pass at all in about 4 years now. The times in the past that I have entered a bracket race my sole reason for entering was just to get some passes in.
In other words: EASY WIN

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
It would be nice to hear from some of the racers on what they would like and also if we wanted to have a cruise night or a poker run, might be a nice way to see Chattanooga while we are there

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey guys just trying to see who is coming and when, thought about maybe trying to plan something other than meeting at the track.
I will be coming in on Friday, staying Saturday and going home on Sunday, Thought about bringing something and have a cookout at the track Sat. night but I need to have some kind of idea about how many so I know how much to bring this will be on me, and just a thought I know we have some guys in northern KY and Southern IN. that should try to make this to help discuss a bigger event for next year

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I'd planned on coming over on Sat.then driving back later that night.It's only about 2-2 1/2 hours away for me.