Gauging Interest: South Eastern Members Get Together

Would you be interested in attending a Southeastern 348/409 Get Together??

• Total voters

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I would have no problem with meeting in Chatttanooga,Tn.Since it's going to take quite a bit of "scrapping" to make the Great Bend trip,I really wouldnt want to go much further.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Tri5man Beech Bend sounds good to me but I don't think Dallas would cater to us like some of the smaller tracks :dunno

Brainard Optimist raceway Chattanooga, TN. looks like has become the frontrunner so far, Jason (1961belair427) myself and Eric I think are going to try and get together around March or April just to get things going anyone else is welcome and encouraged to come the more the merrier

Martin:D

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Don you up for something around March or April Brainard Optimist raceway Chattanooga

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I know Jason and Eric are wanting to meet so maybe we can get something definite planned and see where that takes us

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry I haven't been commenting on any of these last several posts. Busy around the house with the kids tonight. I have also been struggling with phone and internet problems for the last few weeks. Even my cell phone was broke. LOL

That track in KY sounds really nice, but I don't think it is "centralized" enough for those of us planning to get together. Like Don said, not for this year anyway since it is all some of us can do to make it to the National Convention. Up until a few weeks ago, I didn't even think I'd make that.
I know I am the one who started this thread, but PLEASE don't think you would be stepping on my toes if any of you take the ball and run with it to make this happen. I think Chattanooga, TN sounds like it will be a reasonable distance for us all to drive and get together without a lot of expense or hardship. At the rate things are going on my end, I will be showing up in a regular daily driver so no racing or car showing for me (like my junk would be worthy:laugh) .....but that is perfectly okay. I am just looking forward to meeting & fellowshipping. I hope we can start getting together a few times a year for a "regional" type meet.
Like Martin mentioned awhile back, this year it would be a good time for anyone going to the Convention to plan to meet and travel as a group. I will be flying out so if anyone else might be going that way feel free to try to coordinate that too.
Might be a good for anyone wanting to buy/sell/trade any parts to bring them since shipping is so rough on large items these days. Not to mention being able to actually see the items.
I'm very happy to see that more people are starting to show some interest in meeting. For the first several days after I started this I was thinking it might only be 2 or 3 of us. (That would still be cool in my opinion.)

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Jason looks like Don Jacks is in that's how it starts and I think Chattanooga is PERFECT so Me, You, Eric, and Don, and if anyone else wants in now is the time looks like the place is Chattanooga Lets get a Date set and then we'll see how many want to come
like you said this first meeting will be more like a get together to get things started, Got linda looking for places to stay nothing
special but its 205 miles one way for me so we will be spending the night. this first time we could probably meet Saturday go to the track, spend the night somewhere and drive home Sunday if this sounds alright to everyone else

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Well since it's only a little over 100 mi for me,one way,I can meet up with you all at the track,then drive back home to keep expenses down.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Don that sounds like a plan so we have a place how bout a date any suggestions March or April ok with everyone

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That sounds good to me Martin. If the wife and kids want to come along there is PLENTY of stuff to do in Chattanooga. Ruby Falls, Lookout Mountain, the aquarium, a discovery museum, etc. I haven't been there in many years, but my wife and some of the kids have been more recently. I think they'll enjoy a mini-vacation while I do "car junk". Maybe before we set a date we should ask what weekend absolutely would not work for someone.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ya that's what I thought I am going to Daytona in Feb, after that any weekend should work for me and it looks like there is a bunch of things to do in Chattanooga. hey Eric get in here

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I will be going down 24 and then get on 75 south its about 4 miles after you get on 75 south toward Atlanta get off on exit 353 take a right go to the 2nd light (about 100 yards) and turn right, it is about 1 1/2 miles on your left I get the exact address for you

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Gottcha,I'll take 24 from S.Pittsburg to 75S toward Atlanta instead of north toward Knoxville like I'm used to doing.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Address is 745 Scruggs rd
Ringgold Georgia
this is just outside of Chattanooga it is very easy to find the website is newbrainerdoptimistdragstrip.com

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Everything is sounding good to me. It is hard for me to know whether my kids will be here or gone what weekend this far in advance, but either way I'll be there. Hope they don't get left out.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
if I know the weekend I can swap my on call and that's all I have to worry about. just me and linda and we can go anytime
need to see what Eric thinks and go from there I'm sure we will make this work and I"ll bet this grows into something big
The Buicks have their Annual meet in Bowling Green (Beech Bend) every year and it is a big event lasts a whole week
everyone knows the weekend and it helps all the surrounding towns I don't know if we will get that big but you can never tell
I personally like the Location as far as centrally located for around 8 or 9 states

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Guys, I'll sure try to make it to Chattanooga to meet "y'all". I'm 100 miles north so location great for me.

Bowling Green would be ok too.

I will be in Florida for most of March though.