What do you ride?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
South of telluride... Some of the prettiest country in the world
Next time you are up that way.....go on up to Glacier National park and ride west on The Road to the Sun!!!!! Most beautiful 26 miles on the North American continent!!!!!!!

Clint

Well Known Member
Next time you are up that way.....go on up to Glacier National park and ride west on The Road to the Sun!!!!! Most beautiful 26 miles on the North American continent!!!!!!!
Would love to.. but we only had 9 days.. long way from just south of Wichita to there and back.. I need at least two weeks.maybe three

Clint

Well Known Member
Glacier National park is on the way to Alaska!!!! Kansas City to Fairbanks, Alaska takes 37 days and is 9000 miles!!!!!! Ask me how I know!!!!! 5 times between 2000 and 2010.
That is a lot of ass time!!! We sure like northern New Mexico and southern Colorado.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
We ride there sometimes... Also Toot's diner in Howard.

If you get to Gillette, Wy you must go to Lu Lu Belle's diner down by the rr tracks. Plate size sweet rolls and a huge order of homemade biscuits and gravy to die for. I counted 18 kinds of pie on the menu. Stacks of bagged flour when going downstairs to the can. I rode 125 miles out of my way for breakfast there once.

Also after you see Glaicer Park, if you go east out of there to Browning, stop at Bob Shriver's museum. If it's still there it's awesome. He's gone by now but I bet the museum is still there. Also, if you stop for a beer don't go to the indian bar. A guy I know found out too late there is a whites only bar. Him and his wife were playing pool in the indian bar minding their own business when a drunk indian challenged in. The guy waited until the game was about over before he told the chief that he didn't have a tip on the cue. Then the indian guy's chick challenged in and started talking trash about how the white man stole their land. Things went downhill from there when the guy mentioned something about the check they receive every month.

Last edited:

Clint

Well Known Member
If you get to Cheyenne, Wy you must go to Lu Lu Belle's diner down by the rr tracks. Plate size sweet rolls and a huge order of homemade biscuits and gravy to die for. I counted 18 kinds of pie on the menu. Stacks of bagged flour when going downstairs to the can. I rode 125 miles out of my way for breakfast there once.

Also after you see Glaicer Park, if you go east out of there to Browning, stop at Bob Shriver's museum. If it's still there it's awesome. He's gone by now but I bet the museum is still there. Also, if you stop for a beer don't go to the indian bar. A guy I know found out too late there is a whites only bar. Him and his wife were playing pool in the indian bar minding their own business when a drunk indian challenged in. The guy waited until the game was about over before he told the chief that he didn't have a tip on the cue. Then the indian guy's chick challenged in and started talking trash about how the white man stole their land. Things went downhill from there when the guy mentioned something about the check they receive every month.
Thanks for the heads up!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Plus you will want to stay in the Mountain Pines motel in East Glacier. It's on the side of the pass. Beautiful ride up to Glacier Park.
Lake Louise is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Go to Banff also. Since you are up there.....just go to Kodiac Island. You can't imagine the color GREEN until you see it!!!!!!
Then take Top of the World highway from the Alaska/Yukon border east to Dawson Creek. You can see 75 miles in every direction!!!!!!

Clint

Well Known Member
Plus you will want to stay in the Mountain Pines motel in East Glacier. It's on the side of the pass. Beautiful ride up to Glacier Park.
Lake Louise is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Go to Banff also. Since you are up there.....just go to Kodiac Island. You can't imagine the color GREEN until you see it!!!!!!
Then take Top of the World highway from the Alaska/Yukon border east to Dawson Creek. You can see 75 miles in every direction!!!!!!
I will be planning!!!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought my first bike in 1966, it was a 53 K Harley like the blue one in the pic below. Mine was Maroon $275. 45 cubic inches. Back then when you saw another biker it was some grubby guy on a Harley out on the road. In June 1970 I bought a new Sportster, pics below. $1,640 and by the end of the year it was jumping out of second gear...probably some factory defect. The pic with the 3 bikes is two of my friends and me taking off on a week long road trip to Wisconsin. The pic with the guy behind me is my brother in 1971. By September of 1971 I blew it up and after borrowing money from the bank ($1,200 dumb ass) I went from 55 ci and 60hp to 80ci and around 100 hp. That winter I tore the rest of it down to the bare frame and finished my chopper. I bent the sissy bar, made the kickstand, seat bottom, sent stuff to the chrome shop ect. You had to make your own stuff then. About the only place I could find any parts was AEE Chopper in Ca. I could pull 3rd gear power wheelies and the leather strap on the back would about touch the ground. I laced the 500X16 wheel myself. Got married in 72 and by 75 the bike had to go(or me)took a boat, snowmobile, 650BSA and something else in on trade. I haven't rode a stock Harley since except the Knuck. After the Sportster I've had 3 Road Kings and an Electra Glide Classic. I bought the 47 Knucklehead for Mary's birthday present in 1997. Probably have ridden well over 150K miles...hit every State West of the Mississippi and several East. Been to Sturgis 7 times. I'm a rider, not a hauler. Mary started riding her own in 96 or so. It's been a good time. View attachment 62471View attachment 62472View attachment 62473View attachment 62474View attachment 62475View attachment 62476View attachment 62477View attachment 62478
Blue Harley, Cromwell, not somewhere down under would it be! :rub

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The title says What do you ride?
Well seeing that i don't have bike, even though that i have longed for one. I guess for the next best ride is the W_ F _:chopper
Nothing like burning a bit of rubber.

Gav