What’s your sign?

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
07...it's got a 103 HD motor and all kinds of performance upgrades...never been down or left outside...

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That Northwest counterweight sign brings back some memories. I learned to run a Model 25 shovel and the bigger one my Dad had which I think was a model 45? when I was 16. Also ran a D7 Cat and a grader and the big crusher. Just a natural transition into airplanes, I suppose.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My Dad started his business with an old Bucyrus Erie that had been abandoned in a creek bed. I helped him get it running good enough to walk it out of there. He made enough selling materials dug with that old relic to buy the model 25 new.

Junky

Well Known Member
are you insinuating I have less than pure moral values...:browthis is the ride that my signs got me...View attachment 82941

That sure is a beautiful car, but I think that you paid too much for it. It cost less than $3000 when it was new, and 5 years later was worth half of that. If we had only kept all those beautiful cars that we owned in our youth today we would have all have fantastic collections. Enjoy the ride..

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My Dad started his business with an old Bucyrus Erie that had been abandoned in a creek bed. I helped him get it running good enough to walk it out of there. He made enough selling materials dug with that old relic to buy the model 25 new.

What year was that Cecil?

A 10-B Bucycrus 3/8 yard clamshell is the first cable machine I operated. Later on we had a 22-B. Used it with a headache ball to break boulders. When I became the last guy that could operate it, I sold it.....

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What year was that Cecil?

A 10-B Bucycrus 3/8 yard clamshell is the first cable machine I operated. Later on we had a 22-B. Used it with a headache ball to break boulders. When I became the last guy that could operate it, I sold it.....
I think it was about 1958.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here are a couple more signs I have and both have a story. Phil's BBQ was a landmark in South County for as long as I can remember, it was originally Jack & Phil's but the 2 brothers split up in about the mid 70's. Phil had health problems and closed the business at the end of 2018. This sign hung at his business on Gravois Rd (Highway 30) for many years, we would go there often for BBQ. The second sign was from my dads automotive shop and hung at the back as a night light for ever. I remember this sign hanging there since I was about 10 years old, I think this sign dates back to the late 50's. The glass front is like a glass panel on a pinball machine with all the lettering on the back side of the glass.

IMG_5231.JPGIMG_5336.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I think it was about 1958.

I learned how to operate the 10-B 58 years ago. Dad had a couple old GMC single axle dump trucks I learned to drive before that. No brakes but you never got out of second gear. Later on he got a Ford with the flathead, was really noisy with the exhaust coming out of the manifold.