WELL..............

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I would be surprised if he will give you the name due to all the privacy laws. Did you get them to fix the low hp tach that wasn't working? I hope you had them put it on a lift to check out the frame. That's where the rust issues show up on these cars from the east and midwest, especially around the rear spring hangar and the rear crossmember. The only 15x5.5 wheels you will find are aftermarket or later 63-66 Corvette. The original RPO 256 wide wheels are at least $2000 each if you can find them, then you will need the correct 60 poverty caps to go with them. Too bad it has the hardtop, I wanted to sell you the one I have.
BTW, I have an original shifter if you get tired of that girlie-man stick.....also have a T-10, tail light protectors and side cove trim, 340 hp intake and AFB and probably a few other things laying around.
What 327 does it have?
So many questions, so little time.

Last edited:

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Boy Phil, after watching the video, that really is a beautiful, red, sexy, loud, Volvo. I agree with Brodie on the wheels and your choice on the new ones. Well maybe “redlines” I had reservations about the non original steering wheel, but at your age it’ll be a lot easier for you to roll in and crawl out of it. A video would be nice. Ask me how i know. Smaller wheel and tilt,tele column were the first things i got for mine. I Love the car!!:good

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Daddy.......what's you T-10, date, condition, 2:54 or 2:20, rebuilt or not, synchros good, and do you provide free delivery?????? Know that's a lot to ask!!!! Need and original shifter too. Do you have a 553???
We are coming to to see Tom Jacobson's new place sometime this winter. Would make your stop also. Are original rims 15x5 or 15x5 1/2????
Thanks!!!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Why bother to change from a muncie to a T10? Just drive it. The only thing that really needs changing are those fugly wheels.
Original wheels shoud be 15x5, repops are $115ea BUT not sure if you're going to have fitment issue with the disc brakes.
The disc brakes should be the same as the one I sell and mine fit original wheels BUT wheel vintiques, the manufacturer of the wheels says they don't fit disc brakes so I would buy 1 from Summit and try it, if it fits buy the other 3, if not send it back to summit

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
What difference does it make whether they're 5 or 5.5 Phil? That car has been wisely converted to disc brakes and that usually means that the stock wheels will no longer work.Since the car has the original hub caps,just go with the 65-66 Vette wheel since the 65 and up Vettes had discs.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Mike....they told me it had to be a 15," to clear the brakes. I'm just trying to find out the original width. With a 15x5 with a 3.5 back set work with the disc break?
Thanks for your imfo!!!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mike....they told me it had to be a 15," to clear the brakes. I'm just trying to find out the original width. With a 15x5 with a 3.5 back set work with the disc break?
Thanks for your imfo!!!!

15" isn't so much the problem, it's the shallow back side of original wheels that hits the caliper face. My kit fits original 15" wheels, you should have the same kit, I've seen no others unless it has wilwood which I doubt.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Original 62 wheel was 15x5K with .56 offset and full wheelcovers (same as 55-57 pass). The RPO wheel was 15x5.5K with .44 offset and 1960 full size pass car hubcaps. You might be able to use 67 ralley wheels for disc brakes but not sure if they will hold the full wheelcovers.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I gotta use the original hubcaps.!!!!!!!!

The Wheel Vintique 15x5 with 3.5" back space will probably clear the disc brakes, I'd bet on it BUT to be safe just order one from Summit and test it on the front. They give you free returns if it doesn't. That way you're not out for all 4 just in case they don't clear. Or you can order all four and still return them if it doesn't fit. You just say you don't like the quality. You don't even have to get their approval before you return, they supply a return label when you buy.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have a correct shifter as long as you don't expect NOS. Also have Wonderbar, hood (maybe even with a hole in it for the blower you always wanted), trunklid, side cove mouldings, 553 bell repaired but needs some finish work (don't laugh, remember I'm cheap). The T-10 is in pieces, some assembly and parts replacement required.....probably wrong date 5-62 and 63 VIN stamp so it must be small bearing. 61-62 hardtop.

20200620_145526.jpg

20200620_145556.jpg

20200620_145318.jpg

20200620_144832.jpg
20200620_144811.jpg

20200620_144731.jpg

Attachments

• 20200620_145517.jpg
    20200620_145517.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

bjburnout