409 blower intake

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Wow, does that ever sound awesome! Nice work Brian! Can't wait to learn how it does in the frame :).

Cheers!

TomK

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Keith, it's Brian's blown 348 stroker. Just click on the picture, and it should bring you there. At least it does on an iPad.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Sounds great Brian, that little Bantam is going to be way quicker than a 10 sec. ride. ( a good 2 sec. quicker).
No Dave and Lonnie it won't be that fast.Remember this was to be a reliable,pump gas street engine.Brian hadn't thought about the altered yet.He wanted 6,000 rpm limit,and good street maners.We discussed a Comp grind for the blower[113 seperation,109 centerline,if memory serves,roughly 218 in.224ex.and lift of around .519-.525. It might get into the nines with a taller rear gear,I think he's going to run out of rpm at around 1100-1200 ft.mark with his 4.11 gear and 33 in.tire.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
No Dave and Lonnie it won't be that fast.Remember this was to be a reliable,pump gas street engine.Brian hadn't thought about the altered yet.He wanted 6,000 rpm limit,and good street maners.We discussed a Comp grind for the blower[113 seperation,109 centerline,if memory serves,roughly 218 in.224ex.and lift of around .519-.525. It might get into the nines with a taller rear gear,I think he's going to run out of rpm at around 1100-1200 ft.mark with his 4.11 gear and 33 in.tire.
Don, you're the man and I won't dispute your word. We'll just have to see how big his gonads are once he gets it sorted out.

Lonnie

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I'll tell you boys, I am a little nervous, but mama is flat out worried. I told her I will be as safe as possible, but she is pretty apprehensive of the whole ordeal. I told her she can come and watch me after I have some laps under my belt. Would hate for her or my kids to see something bad. On a better note, I have some dyno time at SRT in Union Grove for next Friday!!! Will drop it off Thursday afternoon, and get it all set up and then dyno Friday. That will be the true measure of this motor. I just hope I don't bring it home in three 5 gallon buckets.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Let me know when you're ready and I'll tell you how to set up the glide for what is basicly a high gear only run.This will soften up the launch by quite a bit until you can get used to the car Brian.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Next week Thursday and Friday Jason. Don, I wouldn't dare leave you out of the loop on this set up. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. That goes for everybody here that has kept me moving forward with this. And to think, this all started with a blower from the Crusher! Thanks Dave. :cheers

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm looking forward to seeing the Dyno numbers.like others here are.I have an idea,but.....................If they can,start the pulls at as close to 2,000 as possible with this cam.