My 2nd Gen F-body

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You just have to remember the computer is only as smart as you made it.
I work on a lot of newer cars and if one comes in with a check engine light I cringe.

Sera

Well those shiny stainless headers are now nice and blue after running the motor for a bit.

I've been working away on lots of little jobs to get the car ready for the road again. Hoping to get it tested in a couple of weeks, ready for the start of the next month.

I've had a few problems with the transmission controller and also spent a lot of time trying to get it idling properly. More or less sorted now with the exception of second gear starts, which I am still trying to figure out.

The biggest issue I had was the torque converter clutch was locked, this as a result of inadequate fluid flow in the release circuit. Quite common apparently and thankfully Sonnax make a pressure regulator valve to fix the issue that fits in the pump. I drained the fluid, dropped the pan and fitted it and it seems to have solved my problem.

I've refitted the front bumper and lights, tidied the power steering hoses and clipped all of the wiring up properly.

I had to do some internal modifications to the transmission controller to get it working properly - mainly my fault in the first place to be fair.

I'm still waiting for a few parts to arrive. I have a leak from the coolant crossover pipe so I need to change that, and I need to fit the last bits of intake pipe and do some tidying of wiring in the trunk. I also have a bit of a weep from the oil pan - blame my welding. :lol:

IMAG1649_zps3awhgatv.jpg