My 2nd Gen F-body

Sera

Thank you :)

Another quick evening job.

The top radiator hose is the highest point in my system, so needed a bleed point, and a take off for the hose from the steam ports on the heads so I welded some bosses to the aluminium hose joiner and tapped them for a hose fitting and a schrader valve that I had in a drawer of parts. Should work.

Hoping to have the cooling system hooked up by the end of the day tomorrow and get the transmission cooler re-mounted and connected too.

IMAG1615_zpsddavbfao.jpg

Sera

Got quite a lot of fabrication done today.

Was never happy with the g-braces I made the first time around, it was a rush job and they clashed with the hood hinges. So I cut them up and remade them - this time I didn't have the brake booster to worry about as I now have hydroboost. I'll get them powder coated this week I expect.

A also made myself a stainless steel tank for the power steering fluid, just need to polish it up.

IMAG1626_zps28u6fsfe.jpg

IMAG1627_zpsluambvmb.jpg

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I see
Just wondering where you car building skills come from.
Your work looks way better than most of the hacks that I have seen.

I also had two of those Camaros one was a 72 that my mom handed down to me and a 70 RS

Sera

I'm quite flattered, thank you. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, which I guess helps most of all.

I am mostly self taught, just always had an interest in mechanical things since I was really young. I never did the stereotypical girl stuff. My dad and grandad were both engineers, and they taught me a lot.

I did an engineering masters degree, graduated nearly 10 years ago. It didn't teach me the practical skills, but it did mean I got a good job to fund buying tools so that I could teach myself to weld, and things like that.

In my job I come across a range of processes, especially machining and fabrication, and I've always picked up tips from watching people.

Sera

Done a few little jobs today.

Re-dyed the seat backs - I ran out of dye when I did them the first time so the red was still showing through.

Fixed the retractor on the passenger seat belt - was full of fluff and a bit tight. Cleaned it all up and rewound the spring, works really well now...

Fixed the door pulls/handles, cleaned the sticky old dye off them from the previous owner with cellulose thinners. Fixed the handles and then re-dyed them.

Finished the wiring of the front lights, also sorted out the washer pump and reservoir. Forgot to take a pic, it's all hidden up. Determined to make it clean and neat under the hood this time around.

Last job was giving it a quick clean. It had got a bit green having sat in the yard for 18 months, surprisingly still shiny underneath. Desperately needs a polish though.

I'm filling the time until my headers arrive now. Still have quite a lot of little jobs to do though, many that I should have done the first time around but never got around to.

IMAG1628_zpsc9a5w6f5.jpg

IMAG1629_zpsbkix40sl.jpg

IMAG1630_zpspnigjkrw.jpg

IMAG1631_zpsbfik9d3p.jpg

Sera

I think so... I can just about squeeze some 275/40r17 in there. Plus they are relatively easy to get hold of in the UK

You have to love a friendly powder coater. Dropped the g-braces off at lunch time and got them back at 3pm

Refitted them this evening before the rain set in again

IMAG1632_zpsmq2fhtjs.jpg

IMAG1633_zpstmlqqona.jpg

Sera

That's my partners.

This is mine - bit of a work in progress right now as I'm focussing on getting the Camaro finished... Buell engine. Last job I did was make the exhaust, I've not done much on it for a month or so now. Should have it finished for the summer. :)

IMAG1398_zpsinbjlr9x.jpg

My last road bike was this boring thing, but I've had a few others too - 1200 sporty, 127" softail chop (which I built, then sold a few years ago), V-max...

IMAG0521_zps078737b9.jpg

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I always wanted to ride a V Max.
When I bought my last bike it was the next slowest bike for sale at the time.
So I went for the Kawasaki 750 turbo.
I ran a best of a 11.19 @120 mph in the quarter on that bike but I thought I better sale it because I have not grown up.

Sera

I loved my V-max - it was great fun - I sold it after too many near misses on it. The last one being getting it completely sideways in the wet.

m_DSC01411_zps50e8e5a7.jpg

Here's my Softail - bit of a handful, and it always made the guys blush when they saw a girl get off it....

m_DSC01379_zpsd219a9ae.jpg

Sera

I finally got it running today after fitting the exhaust and finishing the plumbing.

It's not running great as I have a few issues to sort.

The idle valve is working backward so I need to sort the wiring for that and I need to double check my ignition timing.

It's stalling when the fan kicks in, and also when you drop it in gear, so I have a lot of tuning to do!

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
stalling maybe do to needing a trinary switch instead of a binary switch. that is what happen to mine. on the ac. jim