1937 Chevy Coupe build

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It was yesterday.....Denton Tx.....
Some people did not come thinking it would be muddy from Friday showers.....it was a perfect day.

We had 416 paid entries and about 20 that we comp’d....total about 440 cars.

Check our website at:
Pistonsandpaint.com for pics

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Coupe did not make it to the show.....I needed a Throttle Position Sensor to hook up the tranny computer.....plus I do not have a laptop to program the tranny control unit....I got very frustrated at that point and just shut the shop door.
TPS is ordered......I shall carry on.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Everything is lookin good so far, keep goin. Was Checking out your header setup and was quite surprised because I’m installin/fabing a W in my 51 Chevy and the chassis’s looks very similar. With the Sanderson style header it looks like you have a lot of space between the headers and the chassis rail. I can’t imagine that the rail width would be that much different between the two cars. If you don’t mind What is the width of your chassis rails. I not only had to notch the rails I had to abandon the rack and pinion. Just curious

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Question:
Engine is running great…..
I ran water thru cooling system at first in case there was a leak issue….had none.
Drained water and replaced with coolant……today when setting timing (and just listening to that wonderful sound)….I noticed that radiator was puking coolant…. Temp was 180 and fan (set to come on at 195) had not come on.

I felt the fluid and it was not hot.

Once temp rose and fan came on it stayed 180-190 and no longer lost fluid.

Am I just working out air pockets?

I plan on adding a puke tank but did not think I needed one now.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It could be an air pocket but maybe you filled it to the cap? That is over full on these old cars not designed for an overflow tank. If you do that, it will puke what it is overfilled.
I had filled it to the lid…..radiator neck does not let me see inside.
I had not topped back off then yesterday while it ran started puking again before fan came on….
Temp is great but it just concerns me. I will figure out an overflow tank just to be safe.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had bought a high torque starter and only used it on the engine run stand and it worked ok…..grinding a little……have had it on the engine since mounting it in the chassis and had issues…..tried shimming and side to side shimming and was horrible. Would go from not engaging the flex plate to not touching it……
Went and bought a new Delco Reemy…..15 pounds of pure starting power.
It starts immediately with no issues and clears the Sanderson block hugger headers.
Sometimes it’s better to stick with what Chevrolet designed!