1937 Chevy Coupe build

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
When did they stop using the model designations of Standard and Deluxe? Remember, also, when they called the most basic cars a Business Coupe? I didn't think they used those terms as late as 1968, but the NHRA Classification Guide mentioned those terms as late as 1969 or so.

Last edited:

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fired the 409 up today….correct bolts in the starter and new flex plate….fired up perfectly.
This was the first time I have really heard my exhaust….I like it out the back… but it makes ticking noise up where I did the 2 tight bends just outside the header….really irritating to me….did I make the bends too tight/too quickly?

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well Fellas…..we do this because we love old cars….and old engines……RIGHT???
My exhaust ticking was actually the flex plate rubbing my dust cover….it had not done it before, oh well, mystery solved.
Exhaust sounds great…very happy.

Guy came to program the stand alone computer for the 4L60e….now this tranny had been wrapped for 6 years….anyone guessing what happened?
Computer is set up and the tranny does nothing.
My tranny guy scolded me for letting it sit too long, then said to unhook a cooler line….nothing….apparently the pump is not….pumping.

Taking transmission to shop tomorrow.

Engine and transmission are back out for second time in 2 weeks….I’m getting pretty good at it.

More to follow……best hobby in the world!
E5E79145-161C-4F00-B249-0A8BDA760F25.jpegE5E79145-161C-4F00-B249-0A8BDA760F25.jpeg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Not accusing you but if a person does not get convertor fully seated and bolted to flex plate it can ruin the pump. Should have clearance between convertor and flex plate once tranny is bolted to engine. Then convertor is pulled to flex plate. Just something to maybe watch for. I can't believe setting around would destroy pump, if nothing else seals start leaking.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not accusing you but if a person does not get convertor fully seated and bolted to flex plate it can ruin the pump. Should have clearance between convertor and flex plate once tranny is bolted to engine. Then convertor is pulled to flex plate. Just something to maybe watch for. I can't believe setting around would destroy pump, if nothing else seals start leaking.
You were correct…..apparently at one time when taking apart/putting together I had not seated the converter correctly.
We decided to go ahead and pull the transmission down and freshen it up and go ahead and replace electronics inside…..
That way we KNOW it is all good.
Should have it back in 2 weeks.

Engine paint looks bad so will freshen it up also.

Can get floor pans installed….plenty to do before tranny returns.