1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k original miles

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Photo0409.jpg

Photo0410.jpg

Photo0411.jpg

Photo0412.jpg

Photo0413.jpg

Just about all the interior panels are finished. Rear and 9 passenger seat panels are all that is left to do this weekend. :crazy:crazy these were done ppg base and high solids clear.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:bow Lookng good,Seth,really nice:cool:My dad used to own a 61 Bel Air wagon,the 1st car he owned with a/c.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
upgrades and firewall paint.

Keep it coming brother! :bow:bow

:bow Lookng good,Seth,really nice:cool:My dad used to own a 61 Bel Air wagon,the 1st car he owned with a/c.

Thanks Don. still more paint to go I am going to refinish the dash after the floors get welded in this weekend too. I am tired of working on the car, I want to enjoy her already.

Looken good Lewis....:crazy Feelin good Billy Ray....:deal

:cheers

Thanks Dan. I sent the latches for the 9 passenger panels and spare well out for chrome too.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Photo0415.jpg

Floor pans cut out and the rears were "OLD SCHOOL" torched in. Tomorrow the front will get finished and then seam sealed. :crazy

Finishing up the last few seat brackets, panels and dash for paint tomorrow. :clap

Interior about to get wrapped up. :)

ls1wagon

I love the salt flat specials. That should definitely keep the 60 cool. :crazy

Its cool I recieved the first set of 20's made, my buddy lane works for american racing and I'v been hounding him for a while, and as soon as they got part numbers I got Mine.LOL

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
DSC09519.jpg

DSC09518.jpg

DSC09521.jpg

DSC09520.jpg

DSC09535.jpg

Special Thanks goes to my Armenian connection Hratch and Vic for opening up there shop doors to me this weekend and dedicated themselves to Old Gold. Floors were cut out and replaced, Interior mouldings were completely refinished along with the dashboard.

Old Gold is now parked over at Dave's inteior shop getting the new headliner installed, plus he has my 9 passenger seat and rear seat ready to get wrapped. Once I get Old Gold back home I'll deliver the front seat to him and get the final assembly moving. :deal:clap:)

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Here's a little tedious project that I endeavored today wherein I had to convert my 6 passenger Parkwood panel into a 9 passenger. Measure twice, cut once. Unfortunately, I chewed up some of the clear coat by cutting into the refinished panel, so I guess I'll have refinish her once again. How's that for a pair of tin snips!!!!

Photo0429.jpg

Photo0430.jpg

Photo0427.jpg

Photo0426.jpg

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Photo0435.jpg

Photo0436.jpg

Picked up my latches from the local Chromer today. They came out really nice too. Now that I have the 9 passenger seat I'll have to drop off one more latch for chrome. :crazy:cool:

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
:bow Man,looking better all the time,Seth

Thank you Don! Now let's see if Seth can put it all back together correctly! The interiors for these wagons are no joke, there must be approximately 100 pieces I've got to put back in place. :eyebrow:D

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
You'll never meet another outlaw Poodle like mine...

Photo0444.jpg

Photo0445.jpg

Anyways, I managed to fabricate a bracket to retain the courtesy lamp and bezel since Old Gold was a 6 passenger wagon it did not have the factory stamping with recessed pocket for the Lamp this is what I came up with. :evil
Photo0447.jpg

Photo0448.jpg

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
My wiring project continued today where I made a reproduction harness for the courtesy lamp and rear window switch. First, 3 spools of 12awg blue,yellow and red, a few butt splice connectors, heat shrink and 3m friction (asphalt) tape. Here's what I came up with.