1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k original miles

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Were did you get that suff?:dunno

My friend Brian gave it to me, I'll ask him.
:dunno

Finished up my mood lighting on the front and rear. Sorry for the crappy pics, they make the light look ten times brighter than they really are.
Photo0516.jpg

Photo0515.jpg

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Lookin' good Seth! I don't know if I would paint it!

Thanks Dick!

As far as the exterior goes, there will be NO painting going on. I've got three coats of the best urethane clear on the patina. However, the rear pan does need some color treatment as well as the backrest and 9 pass seat bun panels. :D

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Tackled the rear pan project today. I borrowed my friend's Sata paint gun and loaded her up with my custom ppg mixed base and followed it up with 3 coats of PPG clear. Looks brand-new and full of dents!

Photo0538.jpg

Photo0536.jpg

Photo0535.jpg

Photo0534.jpg

rocketmac

Supporting Member 1
Once again it looks awesome bro.......hey quick question about the led's you put in...where did you find those ??

rm
:clap :bow

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thats one clean machine

:clap:clap Seth does his mean you are done for a while and just get to drive it. Very nice work and a beautiful out come.:bow

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Once again it looks awesome bro.......hey quick question about the led's you put in...where did you find those ??

rm
:clap :bow

Thank you, Thank you. :)

The L.E.D.s I bought from my local auto parts store. The manufacturer is Alpena, they are flexible strips (2) in a package and 24" a piece I bought two packages, they run about $24.99 per package.
shrink.jpg

:clap:clap Seth does his mean you are done for a while and just get to drive it. Very nice work and a beautiful out come.:bow

Thank you 58 Apache!

Well, Edelbrock just sent my vintage finned valve covers back from warranty, I still have to do a few little things like install my newly rebuilt lower control arms, rebuild the Moraine Delco Power Brake Booster, and rebuild the Delco single speed wiper motor.

Also, I need to get some miles on the new engine before I upgrade the horses under the hood. I really want the Weiand #144 Blower, but I don't know if it will clear without modifying the hood. Perhaps, a Paxton supercharger or even Twin Turbos for "Old Gold". :dunno

The fun will continue, but for the most part she's ready to hit some cruise nights and car shows. :cheers:beerbang

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
normally i hate chrome stuff in the engine compartment. just not my cup of coffee.
however i like your engine. jim

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
normally i hate chrome stuff in the engine compartment. just not my cup of coffee.
however i like your engine. jim

A majority of the componets are polished aluminum and not chrome. Besides, the AC Compressor and Alternator, the only pieces that are chrome are the Alan Grove Brackets that I had plated since Alan only sells them in raw steel.

Thanks for the compliment Jim! :)

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Added two more switches to the billet dash, the one on the left is for the Black Magic Electric Fan, and the one on the right is for Mood Lighting. :crazy
Photo0564.jpg