1961 Nomad SS 4 speed wagon

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Might get those items back this week or next to finish that car. Forgot to put the grab bar in the photos above.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Really like what your doing with the 61 Pat. As cool as it would be to flat tow with it, back in the day when some very big name racers flat towed, seems a lot of them lost race cars to towing accidents.
I believe both Haydens red belair was totaled after he sold it like that and somewhere I have a photo of Dyno's car in a ditch, same way.
I have a 65 Dodge A990 acid dipped car and one of the owners had it come loose from the trailer hitch ball and it ran off the road by itself and into a ditch. Happened more than we knew back then.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is some sweet stuff right there...:deal
Only have seen cruise on one other X frame and that was a 60 Impala Sport Coupe.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Yeh Tom, that one has been for sale a long time. Not sure why, across town, I should go see it. Saw some photos about 6 months ago of the under carriage....needed a lot of work.

Tex63

Well Known Member
Cool project, another long roof in the neighborhood. I need to stop by and meet you some time, I'm just a few exits south of your shop.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't know Pat ,but a wagon pulling a car trailer with Pristine car on it !!!!!!!:scared I think i would get a 4 door 61 impala and mount body on a truck chassis. Then you would have Three!!!!!!:D

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The trailer would need to be made from a couple of car hoist ramps with torsion axles to get the look of a solid axle. Cut Ford spare tire covers for fenders. Most old trailers around here had axles from small square hay bailers. A load distributing hitch would be a good idea too.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Pat, any updates on this or the hardtop '61? How about the Z-11 too?

Jody, had 2 projects get in the way, I'll share one of this below. Meanwhile, here are some photos of the 61 O/SS Impala I'm building. Still have a few things to get finished on it, finish the steering wheel, hood front letters, front valances not painted, rear trim behind the back glass, some interior trim to be installed. Still do not have the headers on I am finishing. Here are a couple of photos.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is one of my distractions!! Jody a brand you love:)

image.jpeg

1927 Model T Speedster

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I will post some photos of the Z-11 next week. All this othe stuff plus one more has gotten in the way of finishing the Z car. In reality it is in great shape, need to replace the wheel well edges, one rocker panel and the font floor board on one side.
The engine is finished, been powder coating lots of stuff and will post the parts we have finished, i.e., all the aluminum bumpers, straightened and rechromed, etc.

Jody, thanks for asking.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Here are a couple of shots of the wagon in the body shop.

image.jpeg

Check out the frame caster wheels just behind the back door. We picked up a frame with no rear end and put the casters so it can be rolled around. A great X frame we have used for the various projects :)

Can't wait to stuff the grandkids in here and watch them fight over who gets to set in the back looking out backwards!!! They have never seen anything like this. Gonna be fun

image.jpeg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Pat,
I have friend that has a T Speedster, not sure if it's a 27 but it looks very similar to the one you posted. He is a contractor, retired now but he found the speedster in an old building here in Richmond that he was tearing down. That was many years ago, he brought it to our clubs show a few weeks ago