1962 Belair 409/409

maybe's rod shop

Well Known Member
Getting closer... Had the car outside for 20 minutes this weekend and a FKN bird shit on it. Just my luck.... Waiting on bumpers to come back and a few details .. I really need to find the correct carburetors. I have a 3361s dated '63 and a 3804s but i really dont want to spend the money to have them restored and then have to do it again. So if anyone has a line on the correct dated carburetors please let me know. Thanks IMG_0384.JPG

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Man that's a nice car. Great color choice too. Do you know what happened to the 63 Biscayne you had for sale a few years ago? That was a cool car too but I didn't have the capital at the time:doh

maybe's rod shop

Well Known Member
Thanks Phil and Kevin... Phil i found a back glass local , HAHA. Paid too much for it but i was done looking. Not perfect has a few scratches but it . Kevin the '63 went to Oklahoma a few years back without the 409 i put in it. I kept that of course!! Wish i still had that car. Im learning that they are much more fun as drivers ...........

maybe's rod shop

Well Known Member
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND ONE OF THESE ..... I need the left side rear cove molding pc for my 1962 belair. The dog leg shaped pc. I am having them all restored and re anodized . One of those things when your looking and cant find one. Just needs to be decent shape no cracks ect... 316-734-2499 Please call me if you have one laying around. He is ready to finish my other trim pc's and i need this one so they all can be anodized together.... Thanks

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
There is a nos pair on e bay now at 399.00 ,you probably not wanting to spend that . Repro 's for 66.00. Are the used one's I found you not any good????

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a pair if if can't find something closer, I'd have to check the condition.
Don

maybe's rod shop

Well Known Member
I dont want NOS since im having them re anodized . I want to make sure they all match. I have found a couple but they have splits in them or small holes. Not interested in repop either. Let me know Don what you find . Thanks for your help!.. Chad

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Chad,
I have original drivers rear 1/4 hooks currently at Dave K. . He has two lefts (driver side) of mine as I recall - he got them about 2 weeks ago. I would part/ sell you one of them - he can finish one of them for you. Is your aluminum trim at his place ?

If you would agree to "eventually " find a used drivers one for me - to be restored, I 'm ok with selling one of mine. I am short of pairs - to many passenger sides - I am using the limited number of driver sides I have for pairs of rear 1/4 hooks. Send me a message and we can work it out.
Paul

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Chad, buy paul's, I dug mine out, one is probably not usable, the other has some small dents and "might" be fixable. Dave Kosman does the best work on anodized.

I had a real good set, I sent them to NZ with the 62.

maybe's rod shop

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where i can find one of these? I have the left side and im looking for the right side. Side sleeve for a bench seat... Thanks Chad IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0546.JPG

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Chad,
Send me a note, the 1/4 chrome(left hook) from Dave Kosmann is done.
I have to find your phone number.
Paul