1962 BelAir

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well as if I don't have enough on my plate I just bought a 1962 BelAir tudor, a deal I couldn't pass up. It is a race car that has been backed halfed with the X cut out of the frame, a full roll cage, and tubbed. The car has a narrowed 9" on a four link set up with coil over suspension. I bought this car as a roller and helped the owner pull the engine today, it is a blown and injected alcohol small block with a 400 turbo. The car was running in the low 9's but I am going to build a 500ish HP pump gas W motor with a ST10 4spd and street drive the car as it still has all the headlight and taillights hooked up but no heater. I will also need to remove the lettering and lace work down the sides and install the passenger side bucket seat, here are a few photos.IMG_5269.JPGIMG_5270.JPGIMG_5261.JPGIMG_5262.JPGIMG_5263.JPGIMG_5267.JPGIMG_5268.JPGIMG_5260.JPG

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’ve been to John’s, seems like a really nice guy. James had his block down there I believe. He is a Ford lover, but I also know he likes things that are different like 409’s. Maybe we’ll see it some night at Gateway on a test and tune night? I bought a new aluminum 9 inch center section with 370 gears and a 35 spline school. It will bolt right into the Beater Nova. Auta wake it up a little bit going from 3.25 gears to 3.70. Time will tell. I wish they would get back on a schedule! Wednesday night test and tune nights are awesome. $30 gets you as many laps as you can take. Depending on how many people show up.:confused In September last year I made like nine passes, the first week of October I was limited to three due to the fact that there was about 600 cars there. Next time we go to Wednesday night test and tune Steve will have to send you a PM to let you know. Nice car and excellent project for the street. Who knows I may even have to take my spare tire my jack and my exhaust off my car too!!! Lol:facepalm:dunno

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
John is a pretty good engine builder, he built my 409 in the Nova the one in my avatar. It was his first W motor he built, I think him and Steve Morley put the bottom end together and put the heads on. I bought the heads ready to go from Lamar Walden Automotive. Let me know the next time you go to Gateway and I will head over.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats on the new acquisition!

I haven't been out to StL or to KC in months, might be time for a Road Trip to Gateway? Gotta be careful, last year this time Tooth and I went to cheer Ralph on and came home to that tornado that hit the Jeff City area...

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Tom that sounds good, If you decide to come down let me know I would like to meet you guys.

RussC

Well Known Member
I recently spoke to a friend from St Louis. He said he met a fellow from St Charles driving a 40 Ford powered by a blown 409. You guys know the car?