1963 Pro Touring Impala

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
progress

well, body still fits. got some more rearend tweaks then on to W motor mock up. wish me luck.

DSCN1380.jpg

DSCN1379.jpg

DSCN1376.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

DSCN1373.jpg

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
I can only say that some one has an awfully nice shop, lots of talent, and I am jealous..:D...keep us posted on your progress...Steve

yeah! my dad has the talent and the shop! i am merely guilty by association. i have had tons of help from friends and i am sure it will take a village to finish raising this child.

richie

fastfreds

Well Known Member
That car is going to be BAD A$$!

63 was always one of my favorite years and this car will be right at the top of the list. :beerbang

Fred

oz07

Awesome

You could quit now and have a really, really nice car. I love watching the progress and how quick you guys are moving along. Also it's a bit depressing I think all I got done in the last month is putting on the rear window stainless...

By the way thanks for the rear, everything checked good and ready for the car.

Ken

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
You could quit now and have a really, really nice car. I love watching the progress and how quick you guys are moving along. Also it's a bit depressing I think all I got done in the last month is putting on the rear window stainless...

By the way thanks for the rear, everything checked good and ready for the car.

Ken

Hey Ken

Hope all is well. Glad someone is going to use it after all these years. I would like to work more, but life and my real job just keeps getting in the way. Thanks for the compliments. I cannot wait to get it on the road.

Richie

Michael Cohen

Supporting Member 1
Basically doing the same things to my car. But I'm doing a 340hp 409 64 with a 700r4 tran need a posi to hold up to the increased hp. Another member on this site has one but he wants an offer around 950. The rebuild will have more hp than 340hp. Single Carter Carb. Any help would be great!

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
Basically doing the same things to my car. But I'm doing a 340hp 409 64 with a 700r4 tran need a posi to hold up to the increased hp. Another member on this site has one but he wants an offer around 950. The rebuild will have more hp than 340hp. Single Carter Carb. Any help would be great!
my car has a ford 9 inch under it. i got around 450 for mine shipping included. it was used, but in nice shape.

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
Update:
Finally got around to the rear over the holidays. No doubt someone will have a production chassis for these cars by the time I am done. Such is life.
DSCN2108.jpg

DSCN2107.jpg

DSCN2103.jpg

DSCN2102.jpg

DSCN2100.jpg

DSCN2112.jpg

DSCN2111.jpg

DSCN2110.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
There is more engineering there than I could ever understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks awesome!!!

PS: nice tenny runners!!!!

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Your car is really coming along The Roadster shop builds a chassis for RPM HOT RODS that fits our cars .But it's around $15,000.
they have 62 Bubble top they are put one of these chassis in now it's on their facebook page .

gm_x_frame_chassis_400.jpg
RPM X Frame Custom Chassis Now Available

Being a huge fan of the X frame cars, we here at RPM know first hand of all of the downsides to the stock X frame.
Handling is nonexistent, exhaust routing is more than difficult and the aftermarket world has very little to offer to those who want more out of their car.
Recognizing the obvious need for a chassis that would eliminate all of the issues with the X frame, RPM teamed up with The Roadster Shop to design and develop a chassis that would take the Impala, BelAir, Biscayne, and all other X frame cars to the next level!

lilbuzzy

Well Known Member
Your car is really coming along The Roadster shop builds a chassis for RPM HOT RODS that fits our cars .But it's around $15,000.
they have 62 Bubble top they are put one of these chassis in now it's on their facebook page .

gm_x_frame_chassis_400.jpg
RPM X Frame Custom Chassis Now Available

Being a huge fan of the X frame cars, we here at RPM know first hand of all of the downsides to the stock X frame.
Handling is nonexistent, exhaust routing is more than difficult and the aftermarket world has very little to offer to those who want more out of their car.
Recognizing the obvious need for a chassis that would eliminate all of the issues with the X frame, RPM teamed up with The Roadster Shop to design and develop a chassis that would take the Impala, BelAir, Biscayne, and all other X frame cars to the next level!

yeah, i heard from the guys at goolsby customs in b'ham back in winter of last year that roadster shop was working with someone on a chassis. in the end it will probably be easier and more cost efficient to buy one rather than build one. also if time was a factor, i could see it. i paid 75 dollars for my car minus motor and trans. so, i figure if i can have my chassis rolling for 8 grand in parts i am ok. my time to me is free, so that helps. but, if i added up all the labor, your chassis and mine will cost about the same. what floor mods will you need to do? core support? headers? you guys probably got all that figured out. nice looking chassis.

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Iwish it was mine I've been drooling over this for awhile ! It's just not in my budget my chassis is going to be stock except for the tubular control arms and hotchkis sway bars .
I like you watts linkage is that something you guy's fabbed ?or something you bought ? i'm pretty sure the core support is stock. the 62 on Rpm's
facebook they put some pretty big tub's in the back not sure what they had to do to the floors .check it out they have the car on the lift with the front clip still on it when they pulled the old chassis.