348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
Brian, I'd rather push ya! Especially down hill.

Phil if you need some help with registration or something else let me know.

Gary

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil,

Im working with Bob on a way to track peoples plan to attend. Will post something soon.

Bill

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know I've been saying I wouldn't make it, but Shannon and I have started talking seriously about me flying out by myself for the weekend. I figure if I can get a flight out on Thursday evening and come back Sunday night or Monday morning I'd only need to miss 3 days from work at the most.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You said it Phil. When I brought it up to Shannon tonight she said that she'd been planning to give me a plane ticket for our 1st anniversary since the first is "paper". The downside to flying is that I won't get to bring any parts home. :( Nothing boxes and labels won't fix huh?

Is anyone else planning to fly in to Wichita Thursday?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:rubIt looks like a 15 hour run for me.I dont have much trouble with 12-13 hrs in a day,this may be a test.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
:rubIt looks like a 15 hour run for me.I dont have much trouble with 12-13 hrs in
a day,this may be a test.

Don,
Are you sure about that? You are only an hour north of me, I've pulled to Topeka before and that was about 20 hours, Great Bend is a couple of hours the other side on Topeka. But, I take my time, don't pull over about 65 MPH
Google shows Richmond, Va to Great Bend, Ks is 22 hours

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
No Tommy,I've since moved back home to Huntsville,Alabama after the passing of my mother last August. I've driven from Alexandria to here and back,about 12-13 hrs each way.Mapquest tells me it's just over 700 mi. from here to Alex.From here to Great Bend,about 910 [15 hrs].I'm not pulling a trailer so I can run a little faster,but rarely exceed the speed limit by more than 6-7 mph.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
No Tommy,I've since moved back home to Huntsville,Alabama after the passing of my mother last August. I've driven from Alexandria to here and back,about 12-13 hrs each way.Mapquest tells me it's just over 700 mi. from here to Alex.From here to Great Bend,about 910 [15 hrs].I'm not pulling a trailer so I can run a little faster,but rarely exceed the speed limit by more than 6-7 mph.

Oh, I didn't realize you had moved. Sorry to hear of your mother passing. Great Bend is a good two day pull from Richmond, Va. and thats driving 11 to 12 hours each day.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
:happy- WE'RE BOOKED..........:beer:beer
thanx for everything Phil.......:bow:bow...........
can't wait......:love.....truck/trailer and 63 goin' get some TLC as soon as the snow clears.....:pray
:cheers
bj

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Just got my room at The Angus Inn. I talk with Brandy, said they were filling up fast, so make your resorvation soon.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Good news!!
Had a visitor at the shop this morning. He is the President of SRCA club that runs the drag strip. He and some other members were in KC for the Division 5 NHRA meeting over the weekend. He came out to the shop to see it and discuss some more info about the race track. The track is going to offer a 3 day pass at a discounted price. You'll get a bracelet to wear and just show it as you drive in. I'll have a bracelet also for those who have registered and for the lunch on Sunday morning. My biggest news was...............I know this track is HUGE but didn't know how many parking spaces were available to us. They have reserved parking for all the locals but I was beginning to worry if we would have enough. I don't think so now!!!! He said we will have between 250 and 325 parking spaces available!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap If we fill up 325 spaces................we'll have to rent the whole track for ourselves next time!!!! Dick can handle that!!!!

Last edited:

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:yup It's gonna be a long summer. This will be the first year I haven't hunted opening day of deer bow season ( which is that weekend) in 30 years. It will be worth it though can't wait to meet new friends and catch up with the ones I've already met.