348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good news!!
Had a visitor at the shop this morning. He is the President of SRCA club that runs the drag strip. He and some other members were in KC for the Division 5 NHRA meeting over the weekend. He came out to the shop to see it and discuss some more info about the race track. The track is going to offer a 3 day pass at a discounted price. You'll get a bracelet to wear and just show it as you drive in. I'll have a bracelet also for those who have registered and for the lunch on Sunday morning. My biggest news was...............I know this track is HUGE but didn't know how many parking spaces were available to us. They have reserved parking for all the locals but I was beginning to worry if we would have enough. I don't think so now!!!! He said we will have between 250 and 325 parking spaces available!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap If we fill up 325 spaces................we'll have to rent the whole track for ourselves next time!!!! Dick can handle that!!!!

Fantastic...:clap So when can we register and did he say anything about the camping?:dunno Do the 325 spaces included the camping?:dunno

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil,
Any ideas as to what's going to happen with the guys that are just going show cars and not race.
Or is it to early to get a handle on that?

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
:yup I love drag racing; but I am not racing. Are the guys just driving cars in going to be able to drive in? Sounds like we may be relegated to the "North 40?"

TIREDIRN

Well Known Member
:yup I love drag racing; but I am not racing. Are the guys just driving cars in going to be able to drive in? Sounds like we may be relegated to the "North 40?"

I certainly hope we're not in the North 40!!

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Good news!!
Had a visitor at the shop this morning. He is the President of SRCA club that runs the drag strip. He and some other members were in KC for the Division 5 NHRA meeting over the weekend. He came out to the shop to see it and discuss some more info about the race track. The track is going to offer a 3 day pass at a discounted price. You'll get a bracelet to wear and just show it as you drive in. I'll have a bracelet also for those who have registered and for the lunch on Sunday morning. My biggest news was...............I know this track is HUGE but didn't know how many parking spaces were available to us. They have reserved parking for all the locals but I was beginning to worry if we would have enough. I don't think so now!!!! He said we will have between 250 and 325 parking spaces available!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap If we fill up 325 spaces................we'll have to rent the whole track for ourselves next time!!!! Dick can handle that!!!!

Phil, does this mean that Show and Race cars can all pit in the same area, beside each other, all snuggled up, not necessarily intermingled, but like block A being Race cars and block B being Show cars, and all be on the same side of the Track???? That would be great for us older fellows!! Thanks for all of your help, and for knowing people in high places!! :bow (No offense Dick) :D

Lonnie

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gee wiz , Lonnie !!!!!!!! Throw a mini-bike in the car and bring it with you. Maybe we can have a grudge race.:dance:happy

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
OK Any word yet on cars brought not raced. No covered areas? Does appear all will be paved and angle parking for the rigs. Let's hope if I can make it I don't need GPS guidance for trailer parking as I have had GPS issues previously! Must be something in the air at Norwalk and Thompson affecting my truck's GPS? Dallas wasn't a fun time either.
Robert

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Gee wiz , Lonnie !!!!!!!! Throw a mini-bike in the car and bring it with you. Maybe we can have a grudge race.:dance:happy

Ronnie, the closest thing we have to a mini-bike is Scotts Harley trike. Don't think I can get that in the trunk!! :dunno Would really like to bring the golf cart, but don't see that happening either.

Lonnie

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ronnie, the closest thing we have to a mini-bike is Scotts Harley trike. Don't think I can get that in the trunk!! :dunno Would really like to bring the golf cart, but don't see that happening either.

Lonnie

Hey Lonnie.............. Ya got a skate board ??? :D me either !! :happy
Ken

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yeh, I'd look good on that, flailin' around like a fish outta' water!!!!!!!! :happy

Lonnie

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5

Lonnie
There is a golf cart dealer here in town { Jacob's golf cart's} , and he is showing rental's so if you guy's would want to do that may be something to think about????

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There is a golf cart dealer here in town { Jacob's golf cart's} ,and he is showing rental's so if you guy's would want to do that may be something to think about????
Don this is the first time I ever realized your location. I am sure I'd seen it before, but not since the Convention plans were set. It's gonna be like the whole 348-409 World is coming to visit you!!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Booked room at Comfort Inn. Correct phone # is: 1-620-793-9000. They have the special rate mentioned previously listed under the 409 car show. See you in Sept.:happy

Joel