Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:yup

Glad you said it Joel,
Phil told me to hold my horses:eek
I dont even own a horse, hoping to see some in Kansas in september:D

Just kidding Phil;)

Steve
I saw one in a picture between Phil and Dick the other day Steve, so you might get your wish along with a photo op!

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well I am looking into this trip.... I missed the last one. I don't plan to miss this one. No I haven't made reservations.:hide I was wondering If anyone will be going through Indianapolis IN on Louisville KY. On there way to Kansas? If it all comes together. I'll go half way on Thursday and finish Friday morning. 12 hrs
Of course this If I can get my act together.:crazy I already know there is band competition that weekend.:scratch

alloy409

Well Known Member
We had a good day at Mason-Dixon with a great turnout. Track promoter asked me if we'd want to make this an annual event. I said yes. Will let everyone know when it's time to sign up. Oh, and by the way, I did break a U-joint on my last pass. That's just a racing deal.

alloy409

Well Known Member
Yeah dick I did this u-joint thing to myself to start with I had empire driveshaft build me a nice two piece rated up to 750 hp and it came with solid joints. Later on I installed the Jericho with 32spline different yoke not thinking I installed a1350 spicer with grease fitting see where I'm going mistake!! Not solid so it failed all parts are in route I'll be up and running by next Tuesday july8 so I can make the York Show. Also will be racing at beaver springs

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry Thomas, No excuses... You must get your act together. This is a "can't miss" event. Someway, somehow, you have to be there.
Well I just got back from ISU....Here is sample of what manages to throw me.... Sept 27 is family day at ISU.:grumble:dunno:cry Although I do have permission to miss it.... Haven't decided:bang

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had the same kind of dilemma Tom. The main qualifying match to make the USA World Benchrest Shooting Team is the same weekend as Great Bend. I figure there will be another qualifying match, but there will not be another 409 event like Great Bend. Lets face it, these guys are getting old....:hug

Last edited:

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I hate to admit it but I really want to come to Great Bend just to meet you guys. If this is the second meet in ten years, I'll be much more "experienced" before the next one, let alone some of you guys. I may have my car done but I won't haul it out there, I'll probably bring my @#$ota ^%$olla, that I bought to drive to work. Don't worry, I'll park a long ways from the real cars.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I hate to admit it but I really want to come to Great Bend just to meet you guys. If this is the second meet in ten years, I'll be much more "experienced" before the next one, let alone some of you guys. I may have my car done but I won't haul it out there, I'll probably bring my @#$ota ^%$olla, that I bought to drive to work. Don't worry, I'll park a long ways from the real cars.

We are coming from the other side of the world coz im addicted to all this stuff after finding this site when i was putting the 60 impala together.
Great bunch of guys, good sense of humor (which is greatt, as our sense of humor doesnt translate real well some times:crazy:hide:laugh) i just cant wait to meet as many of the members on here as i can

Would be great to add you to the list Mearl:idea

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I plan on driving the 1962 Impala SS 409 four speed car from the central part of Missouri, just off I-70.

Plans are to depart Friday and return Sunday.

It might be hard to time things out, but it would be fun to establish some sort of caravan :) :) :).

Cheers!
TomK

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We are coming from the other side of the world coz im addicted to all this stuff after finding this site when i was putting the 60 impala together.
Great bunch of guys, good sense of humor (which is greatt, as our sense of humor doesnt translate real well some times:crazy:hide:laugh) i just cant wait to meet as many of the members on here as i can

Would be great to add you to the list Mearl:idea

Steve
So that's why I have to explain my jokes to my Kiwi daughter in law.......and.she's not even blonde.:scratch

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
So that's why I have to explain my jokes to my Kiwi daughter in law.......and.she's not even blonde.:scratch
Pretty much Cecil.
just ask Grub how bright kiwis are.
he will tell you we aint too bright, and we have a fetish for sheep:laugh
were not really that way enclined, its just we arnt quick enough to catch a kangaroo like the aussies can:hide

has anyone heard if the air show is on at the same time as the convention?

till have a B17 bucket list item to deal with
cant wait to catch up in person over a beer
steve

Last edited: