348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It doesn't matter what you bring Mearl as long as you come and have a good time! We would love to meet you face to face!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If I bring the 93 Corvette, would you give me a little slack? At least it's a Chevy.
Hey Mearl, you could bring the truck 409 and run it through ,anything 409 powered!!!!!! That 's the rule's!!!!!:D:D

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
If I bring the 93 Corvette, would you give me a little slack? At least it's a Chevy.

I think Phil said that the cars that show up are just a by-product of the shiny, bright, intelligent personalities that attend. No prizes for those that don't show up................THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mearl - Drive whatever you want, just come !!!! We took a KIA to last years gathering in Ohio and they didn't kick us out !!!

You won't meet a better group of folks anywhere. Oh and there will be a lot of NICE and FAST cars.

Bill

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys I think it might be time to start planning the trip I will be coming from Bowling Green, KY going to Evansville, KY then to St. Louis, that seems to be an area that a lot of people will be going thru St. Louis, I have talked with Mike Bell and he has some good ideas, he is from that area so anyone else going thru St. Louis I would love to have a BIG group of people to Caravan with so how bout it:dunno

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Martin, TomK just mentioned meeting up so I'd shoot him a PM. Maybe if ya'll get enough of you together I can spot you from the airplane on my way out. :laugh Sure wish I had the time to drive instead.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey TomK and SSpev if yall are interested My plan is to leave on wed(sept. 24) and split the drive into 2 days I will be towing mine and haven't made my mind up about the enclosed or the open tailor yet, since all the stories about the troopers, I don't need a big ticket............so lets make the trip a good time also all roads lead to KANSAS

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Giny & I are going to start planning the trip in another week. We already have GREAT BEND locked in for a place to stay ( Angus Inn Best Western ). Probably make somewhere in Ohio the 1st stop from Long Island. Don't know if it will be 2 or 3 day trip. 3 days would be 5 or 600 miles a day That's do-able for me.:idea
:crazy:dance:happy:cheers

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
so ................ St. Louis on the 24th straight shot from Ohio and maybe drive in a little further on the 24th, to make it into Great Bend on thursday

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Coming out of the Detroit area, I can take three ways to Great Bend. One is to Chicago on the interstate or to Chicage by tollway than down to St. Louis or by taking interstate to Indianapolis then to St. Louis then west. Kind of leaning for taking the Indianapolis route right now. I haven't driven with a trailer in years so that being said I'm not sure just how many miles I'm going to be up to per day. I drive to Ft. Benning Ga. every other year for a Army reunion that's about 900 miles in 2 days without a trailer. Anyway checking Mapquest it says just under 17 hours using anyone of them or about 1100 miles. 3 days would be about 375 miles, which seems about right or I'm I not figuring this right.

Dave

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well it looks like Columbia MO is about half way for me will take about 6-7 hours, it is about 4 hours for me to get to St. Louis, that will leave about another 6-7 hour drive from Columbia MO on into Great Bend that's not counting breaks and fuel stops but if we set up a meeting point Example meet at the 409 Truck Stop in St. Louis between 11:00 and 1:00 then go on to Columbia, MO where we would spend the night then get up and have another 6-7 hour caravan into Great Bend all the while picking up other members along the way,......................... just thinking out loud

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Martin,you might be on to something about all stopping in Columbia Mo. I think after we all got a good nights sleep there, a7 hour drive would be a fairly easy drive for everyone! What does everyone think about that? We all stay at the same place and say start out about 9:00 and be there around 4 or 5 at the latest.
Columbia is a college town and there is about every motel and eatery within a couple miles. We might get Tom K. to direct us to the best place to stop( big parking lot, easy on and off the highway and then if people stay here and there, I'm sure he could come up with a good local place for everyone to meet up.
The more I thought about how everyone could hookup in the St.Louis area, the less of a reality it seemed. You have 3 major highways all merging into I-70 west, it would be near impossible to to get everyone there around the same time!!!! This way everyone gets to Columbia whenever, and we all leave the next morning at a certain time. I think that just might be a better deal for everyone! That way if someone should get hung up or running behind they won't miss out. Columbia is only 21/2 maybe 3 hours from me but what the heck, if it means an extra night of enjoying the people on this site. It sounds good to me, now all we need is everyone else that's intrested in this, thoughts and opinions!!!!!!:dunno:think

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Just looked at the mapping program and the east coast guys will merge I70 from I64 in St. Louis unless coming from the Deep South. It is only a few miles difference between I64 or I70 for me but it will have to be 3 days if I can make it as no co driver.
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil: Tom needs to get busy building more houses for all of us to stay
Robert

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
In talking with Mike Bell and a few others it appears we might need to gather interest in another "Old Fools" fun race... I will start another thread for discussion on that.

Some who might qualify....

Bill

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
There lots of fast cars coming, mine is not. I would be interested in the old furts race.

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bill
Since you brought it up, you said you'd start a new thread, I think it's only natural that you be in charge! I think it's just great you takin' the bull by the horns like you did:roll:roll. Your old pal !!! Mike