348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
There are lots of places right off I-70 near Columbia with places to stay and places to eat. Easy in and out for those with trailers. I can provide details and options as time approaches.

I've got a buddy who might give us a tour of his collection, he has a 1963 Impala 409 plus about 20 other nicely restored vehicles. Just off the freeway, easy to get to.

I'm planning on driving either one or two cars out depending on how things go. Am not trailering anything. Thought I'd go out Friday morning, but am flexible.

A caravan could be fun!

TomK

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:burnoutI love this guy, nothing like squealing tires,...................... ya mike, and Tom I think that is the best plan, meet in Columbia, MO. on the 24th spend the night and have a nice 7 hour ride in on Thursday the 25th the way things look it should be good for a lot of people From woodburn KY its about 4 1/2 to 5 hours, to St. Louis, from Indianapolis, IN it is about 4 1/2 hours to St. Louis and from Columbus, OH. it is about 6 1/2 hours then another 2.5 to Columbia, MO............................ I should be in St. Louis between 12 and 1 o'clock Wednesday 24th so lets see what everybody else thinks

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill
Since you brought it up, you said you'd start a new thread, I think it's only natural that you be in charge! I think it's just great you takin' the bull by the horns like you did:roll:roll. Your old pal !!! Mike

Mike, gee thanks !!! I will check with Phil to see if this is something there will be time for..

Bill

I

Last edited:

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
In talking with Mike Bell and a few others it appears we might need to gather interest in another "Old Fools" fun race... I will start another thread for discussion on that.

Some who might qualify....

Bill

This "Old Fool" (The one on the left) I don't think will get in that race. Toooo far away to get a broken Chevy back home. Believe me, I know!!! :doh

Lonnie

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I was gonna drive the 17hrs straight threw, but im liking the Columbia stop on wed night.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Chevy dude that sounds great maybe tom can let us know a good place to stay the night in Columbia, looks like you will have about an eleven hour drive to get there so you should be ready for a rest,

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Can you imagine all the "gawkers" you guys are going to have on I-70???????????!!!!! Holy Moly!!!!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Phil,
Is your registrations open on the special site yet?
Ive been holding my horses for a while now and im knee deep in horse sh1t:yuck
Just kidding:pokejust cant wait

Steve

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Im gonna get a room at the fairfield inn next to hooters , unless something better comes up. Im thinking that would be a good place to stop sunday night on the way home. I have alot of points built up from working out of town, so its a free room:burnout

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Im gonna get a room at the fairfield inn next to hooters , unless something better comes up. Im thinking that would be a good place to stop sunday night on the way home. I have alot of points built up from working out of town, so its a free room:burnout

What could be better than something up at hooters:scratch:dunno:laugh

Steve

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We had a Hooter's here in Boise for awhile. It went out of business because the food was really bad and the girls didn't make up for the bad food !!!! :crazy So the joke here when anyone wanted to go to Hooter's was, "Lets go somewhere they have food !" Now I hear a "Twin Peaks" has moved into the building and it's no better...

Bill

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OK I'm registered at Travelodge. Thursday - Monday. Now I need to get the car setup right......:doh:think

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I was just rereading this thread and looked at the start date, this thing started in June of last year, can you believe it man how time flies