348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Wow,what a great time we had. This ranks with my F-15 ride and the Richard Petty driving experience. We seen't home yet since the truck tires decided to give trouble again. We got a vibration and changed trailer tire but it find't go away. Looks like both outside duals have belt problems. We stopped in eldorado and are waiting for a tire shop to open this morning.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Wow,what a great time we had. This ranks with my F-15 ride and the Richard Petty driving experience. We aren't home yet since the truck tires decided to give trouble again. We got a vibration and changed trailer tire but it didn't go away. Looks like both outside duals have belt problems. We stopped in eldorado and are waiting for a tire shop to open this morning.
OK, the folks in Eldorado were great and sold me a new tire cheaper than I can get it here, they also mounted my spare and had us on the road by 9:30. We're home now with everything unloaded and put away. I hope everyone had a good safe return trip.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Hope you have a great trip. Great to meet you. Brian Lambert. :clap I have been home for a couple hours. Drove nonstop for 20 hours.

Last edited:

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Geez Brian!! That's a long haul!! We're taking our time and having fun. Good to meet you too and loved watching your car..
Rick

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
James and I left Great Bend about 6:00 PM after the awards were handed out. Arrived safely in Columbia around 1:11 AM some seven hours later. James hauled the BA409 back to her home and I got to be the chase car on the ride home.

I want to thank EVERYONE who made this a most special and memorable occasion. To those who organized the event, those who volunteered, and those in attendance, it was certainly a "bucket list" event for me:) :) :). The best part is connecting real faces to those of us who login and type back and forth. Now when we "converse" in our asynchronous ways, in support of one another, we have a context from which to build.

For those who were not able to attend, put this on your Bucket List of things to attend if we are lucky enough to have another Gathering.

Safe travels to all!

Tom and James

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hayden signing autographs

A few more car shots

Miss Bela

Rocketman and lovely Ginny

Thanks Dick, the photo of the red convertible on the trailer is mine. Great photo if I do say.
Is there anyway I can buy a copy of it?
I don't think we crossed paths, I meet so many great people I'm at a lost for names.
Thanks for shooting the photo.
Dave Krueger
Royaloak62

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes, it is good to put a face to some of the guy's i met ,not all but no body hit me when i introduced myself as Blk Blk 63. Wished i could have met all . One even called me Jack Gibb's ,thought i looked like him, {Paul ,garbageman} was that good or bad????:D Any way great group of car guy's!!!!!!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well guys and gals,
we are still in Kansas with dorothy and toto, Phil and Candy have gone home.
i cant really put into words what tbis weekend has meant to me and my family. If i didnt get a chance to mert anyone while i was there im sorry. I have a habbit of talking a bit and i get held up. I still havent got to the end of pit lane yet:blah (I think Bob made this one for me)
For those of you that I met and talked the ears off thanks for making this all the more special for me. As it has been said above putting fa es to names has been great. I have laerned how to speak and understand Kentuckian, New Yorkeese, Montgomery Alabama but i still have to work on my southern Illinois hillbilly that one was difficult. I will post more soon, doing this off my cell phone and i have beer fingers at the moment. Not to be confused with bare and bear which to us are all said the same:scratch
i used to think of how this bunch of car people from around the globe seemed real close like a family. Now i know why.
i think of yall (picked up some southern influence there):D as family and miss you already.

Steve

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Got home safely a few minutes ago. 2900 miles round trip.Great weekend, enjoyed meeting everyone of you and hope everyone gets home safely. Got to spend time with Cecil, always a pleasure and getting to meet Butch and getting to see his car was really special.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
We left about 5:30 AM today, got to my house (Hamilton, Tx.) about 2:45 PM. 10 hours going, little over 8 coming back. What a wonderful time and finally putting faces with the names was great. It was worth every dime I spent. Thanks everybody for making my weekend great. Hope all my pictures turn out good.

By the way, Who is the a$$ hole that stole Phil's convention sign at the drag strip entry. He sure was pissed. It cost him $175.00. Surely not any of the 348-409 site members would do this! :panJust wondering.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
We left about 5:30 AM today, got to my house (Hamilton, Tx.) about 2:45 PM. 10 hours going, little over 8 coming back. What a wonderful time and finally putting faces with the names was great. It was worth every dime I spent. Thanks everybody for making my weekend great. Hope all my pictures turn out good.

By the way, Who is the a$$ hole that stole Phil's convention sign at the drag strip entry. He sure was pissed. It cost him $175.00. Surely not any of the 348-409 site members would do this! :panJust wondering.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s
Not me.

Steve.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Butch Glen and I left Great Bend this morning at 7:50 and ariver in Rawlins WY. about 7:30 about 630 miles. Still have another 840 to Butches and then another 300 home for me.

This event was much more then words could ever express. Phil pulled the stops out on this event. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house yesterday at the brunch. All the great folks I met, Steve & Lannett, who by the way I nick named NZ11, Ricky & Loreen and so many more. It has been worth every penny and mile to attend...

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Just a note to publically thank all you guys for a wonderful time. I was not able to attend any of the previous gatherings, but have certainly gained a considerable respect for the generosity, friendliness and knowledge exhibited by the entire forum team. Great to also put names and faces together.

Thanks to Ronnie Russell and Barry Taylor for their assistance with our starter problems. Some of you know we were still working on the white Bubbletop when we arrived. Talk about cutting things close. A shame we also had clutch problems and were not able to make many runs. Thank you for all the great thoughts and support. Not a surprise in trying to get a car ready that a week ago was barely a rolling chassis. Nothing special for most of you, everyone has been there.
Thank you again!!

How about a quick Hayden story?
We had a fuel leak at the front carb on the white car before we left Dallas. The new parts arrived as we were leaving without time to correct it. Before we took it off the trailer we had to get that fixed.
Al had the front carb off of the engine replacing some parts when Hayden walked up. He saw carb parts scattered everywhere and without hesitating said "you have 30 minutes to get to the starting line or you're disqualified"!!!
A big grin came across his face as he walked away!! Think he ever heard that before?