348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The entire weekend was great!

After many airport delays, I made it home ~0130 today!

It was great to put faces with names and see all the cars both on and off the track.

Wayne & Casey - great meeting the 2 of you and sharing a few cold ones.

Steve - can't wait for my "bucket list" trip down to New Zealand!

PS - if I can figure out a way to get a video of the parade (from my iPhone) on this site, I will.

Eric, it would be great to host you guys over here. At some to meet you and have a bit of time to chat (not long enough though)

steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Tom glad you made it home safe, it was a pleasure to meet you, I got home around 11:00 last night and then giot up at 5"30 and went to work :yawn....................Now.......... have you ever had something built up in your mind and then when it happens .......wweeeellllll it just wasn't quite as good as you thought it would be ................WELL THAT DIDN"T HAPPEN HERE. WOW :happy better than I imagined, I had a great time, met some very nice people, met some guys that talked funny ........think they were from Florida.............AAAA...Steve :poke I ran around all weekend and still probably didn't meet everyone and didn't even have to get Zebra'ed ........I don't think :drunk I'd like to thank Mike and Diana, Tom, Lonnie and Scott, and Brian Fugate and his crew for letting me hang out with them, It was a pleasure meeting you all, now get ready for the HOT Rod Reunion next year, in Bowling Green KY. see ya there

Martin

Martin, I am so glad you gave me those talkin lessins I can now understand your posts.:lmao

I am so glad to have met you and had a few drinks also discussin black and white striped african horses:D and how they appear when you don't know they are going too. I guess you had to be there:hug

Steve

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Steve it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife Lynette, really enjoyed our conversations hope the rest of your trip is safe and ya'll have a good time and I look forward to seeing you at the next convention, Phil might just have to be a spectator......AAA but I think there will be a #3............ 5 years not 10

Martin

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Steve it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife Lynette, really enjoyed our conversations hope the rest of your trip is safe and ya'll have a good time and I look forward to seeing you at the next convention, Phil might just have to be a spectator......AAA but I think there will be a #3............ 5 years not 10

Martin

I like the way your thinking:cheers:hug:think:clap

Will need to discuss in a few months I recon

Keep in touch

Awesome to meet you

Steve

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bowThank you Phil.
Once again you have surpassed all expectations.
This was a spectacular event.
We had more fun that should be allowed.:bow

Last edited:

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Well guys, we are currently at Mount Rushmore, first real opportunity to post.
I would like to thank Phill and his team for organizing a memorable 4 days of 348/409 excellence.
Both Michael and myself had such a blast, putting names to faces, bench racing, many many laughs, and just an all round good time, I feel I have made some good friends, if any of you guys ever get to Adelaide, please let me know.

Just as a side note, we were having a beer at the bar, low and behold there was a guy from my home state having a beer with his work mates, a small world.

I also apologise for talking funny, but hey every one does.

PS, I understand the banner at the front gate got pinched, not me, although if it was hanging up at Hooters I would have taken it.

Again, Phill, well done and I wish Candy and yourself success in your semi retirement. The Hayden Proffitt - Pat Lobb moment was very very special and will stay with me forever, I was privileged to attend.

Cheers

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Martin, hot rod reunion for sure next year! Would be cool to get a good size group to show up, if I could :burnoutget my 63 done id race it there . Gonna start planning now!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Get ready cause its gonna happen I know the guys that put a nice car show on for Friday night so I'm gonna check about getting us a whole row for Friday night they have a band and everything and when I show up they usually put my 62 up front I'm sure they would be glad to have us and then everyone that wants to race can race in the Hot Rod Reunion not a bad show itself

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks to Phil, Candy and all that helped put on the event.

Thanks to all that helped me learn more about my car and the identifying of a 409 factory built car.

I would have liked to have been able to spend more getting to know people there but time off work was limited.

Still the most enjoyable weekend I've had in a while.

Doctor 64

Hey Tom - thanks for coming and bringing the barn find Biscayne! It was great to meet you! Cool to hear about your QR block too! I've added the data to my Trans Ign. car/block list.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Nice to see the 62 409 Biscayne. You just d0n't see many original cars.
If you should need any help on it for getting it driveable or any restoration, let me know.
Paul

Doctor 64

Hey Phil, Candy and crew

Great great event! Thank you for everything! Best weekend Ever!!
Most fitting venue for the first 1/4 miles slips on the squad!
Quinn and I are gonna see what we can do to shave off a min. or two for next round...

Awesome weekend!
and a huge ---- Thank you Lord for the great weather!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Glad to see that a lot of folks are already home and safe... We are still working our way home. More trouble today...

20140930_141229.jpg

20140930_154635.jpg

20140930_154641.jpg

Blew while we were in the rest area so that's the good news.

Bill and Linda