348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
We left Great Bend about 7:00 this morning are made it to Buffalo WY. Will be home tomorrow evening.

What a great event! Thanks Phil and Candy and everyone that helped make it possible. Many new friends and memories.

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
This goes to LMBRJQ 60 I understand that you were having trouble with your "Southern Illionis Hillbilly"! You happen to be in luck, Diana really enjoyed your family and I was able to talk her into giving you long distance tutoring. She said she could have you talking as she does in a few short lessons. No one will ever understand you again!!!!!!!!! Again we enjoyed solving all the worlds problems with you and family, so keepin touch and enjoy the rest of your trip! Mike&Diana

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The best event yet.(I missed the first one).
Thanks to Phil and Candy and all who made it what it was.
Great to meet and get to know more of you and sorry I didn't get to meet everyone.

I'm encouraged by how many "youngsters"(anybody younger than Phil) we have in the group and feel confident that our enthusiasm for the W will not end with those of us who are "chronologically challenged" .:D:poke

Made it as far as Dodge City last night and just got home after 12 hours straight in the saddle......can barely walk.
I need a beer.....too bad I gave it up.:D

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
STOP STOP STOP, all these happy people going on about an awesome convention and meeting so many great people, it's enough to make one so :barf1.

Seriously, sounds like everyone had a great time and hope the next one is a lot sooner as this guy from this end of the world will certainly be there.
Safe travels to all those who might be still on the road.

Gav

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh no. I bet this has to be a tremendous undertaking Phil. Hats off to you my friend! :bow:beer I too was hoping there would be another one someday.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks to Phil and Candy for the tremendous effort to bring this event off. I don't know about you guys, but, I'll be talking about the convention for months, if not years. So many memories. So happy to see old friends and put faces with names. Couldn't have been more fun. Now, if our brothers and sisters who are still out on the road get home safely, that will finish out a fantastic event. :clap:clap:clap

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Me and my crew made it home this morning. As everyone else has said it was just plain awesome. I got Hayden to sign my rollbar which I will be clear coating and keeping forever. You guys on this forum are my extended family without a doubt. If we had this 20 times a year it wouldn't be enough.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
:yup It was the most fun you could have with your clothes on. Thank you Phil and Candy and all the supporting cast. I wish Phil and Candy all the best in retirement and their new home.

Ok Phil tell us what you wore out and from which direction you wore it out!

:roll

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The entire weekend was great!

After many airport delays, I made it home ~0130 today!

It was great to put faces with names and see all the cars both on and off the track.

Wayne & Casey - great meeting the 2 of you and sharing a few cold ones.

Steve - can't wait for my "bucket list" trip down to New Zealand!

PS - if I can figure out a way to get a video of the parade (from my iPhone) on this site, I will.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mucho thanks to Phil, Candy and the supporting cast of volunteers fot a great weekeend. As usual I spent more time around the car working out last minute bugs rather than getting to meet the people that make up this Great Forum. Thanks to members who came by to say hi. and to the ones for there help solving our problems. My hats off to my buddy Ronnie Russell, not one Oil or Water leak. :beer Now if i can just stop the rust leaks.:taunt " RIP Brian Thompson" Happy Trails to all till the next gathering and race. Barry Taylor

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thank you Phil, Candy and the crew. for making a long weekend go so quickly.:cheers We both had a good time.
renewed old friendships and made a few more. The best was helping Nut replace clutch and pressure plate.
and getting Joel's 409 started, for the first time.
I did score a 409 block and crank assembly. and proceed to sell pieces off. Don't get any better than that.
Made it home this morning at 6:00, long day Monday.7:00 AM to 6:00Am.
unloaded Bluescreamer I and loaded Bluescreamer II. for this coming weekend at the Grove.
Until the next time.
Allen

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I wonder if Tom K got the lead outta his uh, rear end? :taunt

Yo, Dick, are these photo's gonna be on the DVD?

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got home a little after 1 and had to mow grass....:doh
Glad I was there!!! Met some wonderful people!! That even includes you Scott and Diane.
My only regret is I didn't meet everyone. A special thanks to Martin Keys, Mike and Diane Bell, Lonnie and Scott Hall and Brian Fugate.:hug

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Tom glad you made it home safe, it was a pleasure to meet you, I got home around 11:00 last night and then giot up at 5"30 and went to work :yawn....................Now.......... have you ever had something built up in your mind and then when it happens .......wweeeellllll it just wasn't quite as good as you thought it would be ................WELL THAT DIDN"T HAPPEN HERE. WOW :happy better than I imagined, I had a great time, met some very nice people, met some guys that talked funny ........think they were from Florida.............AAAA...Steve :poke I ran around all weekend and still probably didn't meet everyone and didn't even have to get Zebra'ed ........I don't think :drunk I'd like to thank Mike and Diana, Tom, Lonnie and Scott, and Brian Fugate and his crew for letting me hang out with them, It was a pleasure meeting you all, now get ready for the HOT Rod Reunion next year, in Bowling Green KY. see ya there

Martin

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
This goes to LMBRJQ 60 I understand that you were having trouble with your "Southern Illionis Hillbilly"! You happen to be in luck, Diana really enjoyed your family and I was able to talk her into giving you long distance tutoring. She said she could have you talking as she does in a few short lessons. No one will ever understand you again!!!!!!!!! Again we enjoyed solving all the worlds problems with you and family, so keepin touch and enjoy the rest of your trip! Mike&Diana
I might have to take you up on that offer Mike or should I say Diana.
If I could get to a stage that no one could understand me I could run for parliament:D

was awesome to meet you guys

I will have to get planning and saving eh, dam caught the Canada thing from Jim :D

Steve