409 Cam (mistakes have been made)

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Was the block decked enough to wipe out the numbers or more on pad on right front on engine. Just wondering if the intake has a good seal on heads. A lot of things could contribute. You can check that print on gaskets if you decide to change cam and lifters.

Last edited:

409Steve62

Was the block decked enough to wipe out the numbers or more on pad on right front on engine. Just wondering if the intake has a good seal on heads. A lot of things could contribute. You can check that print on gaskets if you decide to change cam and lifters.
Can still see the numbers, so there not completely wiped off. I think a cam change & gear change is where I'm heading. for usability here in nz as we dont have the highways like the USA. it'll take me a while though with my dog needing surgery in a few weeks time, vet bills are killer. still waiting to hear back from Howards & comp. ill let her sit for a bit for now. fuel regulator is another road i will go down to rule stuff out.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I run my carbs locked together. I tune them as twins, what one gets the other gets. Just a pair of 1404 Edelbrock (not Holley) for my dual quad (NON AVS version). I will take a photo of my Edelbrock Uni-Syn Carb Balancing instrument #4025. I attached it to an aluminum carb hat cover and made sure both carbs were tuned the same. Works perfectly. I will check on the metering rods and jets questions. I had to hunt through a bunch of engine combinations and found information Edelbrock did on running a 350ci small block (close to a 348ci wise) that had two 1404's strapped to it. I have the jet/rod numbers in my shop. I'll get those up here with a photo of my balancing instrument.

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy does not run Holleys, He runs Edelbrocks. Not sure what he is thinking
The crack kicked in. :facepalm LOL! Yes Edelbrocks on an 881 factory dual quad Winters intake is what I ran last. It will be one of my 3D printed intakes by Spring. Super funny because most of my experience is still with Holley, I am very very new to Edelbrock still. I do like what I have learned so far. I don't feel like I have as much flexibility but that isn't a bad thing in most cases.