409 crack repair

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You guys (mainly Dan) completely ruined a pretty good thread. I will never be able to come back to this one! Maybe if I click a couple of times with my eyes closed.
Dave, You opened the door...:brow I'm glad you enjoyed it...:poke

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
...and I thought this site was frequented by a bunch of highly trained professionals!!! How about an update on the Buick???

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
...and I thought this site was frequented by a bunch of highly trained professionals!!! How about an update on the Buick???
Professional Smart Asses...:taunt I am getting around to a update. Will update in the next couple of days.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
rsz_cimg4089.jpg rsz_cimg4091.jpg I have the first set of pins in and now to start the second set of holes& pins

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
rsz_1rsz_003.jpg All was going well on the second set of holes till the drill bitt broke :oops

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
rsz_1rsz_002 09.jpg The last of holes I used about 70 pins

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_100309.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_100309.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 58
  • rsz_1rsz_100309.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_100309.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 56

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:laugh Dan you're crazy......................... Good looking job on the block will the deck height have to be checked or at least the flatness across? that crack looked to be pretty close to the top of the block

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Really looks good, Brian. Is there a crack on the other side too ?
Ronnie,

This is a 422 boat engine with very low running hours, The block was crack on the one side only I have had the block hot tanked and checked for other cracks a ok! Only had to be honed and some new cam bearings installed along with soft plugs I will be building this one for my nephews 62 Impala

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I presume the head bolt's go down way beyond the cracked area, and not pull on area between crack and top of deck.Also will that crack affect deck surface as someone else asked about this also , but no one has responded.:dunno:dunno