409 engine

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Congratulations..........I'm very happy for you.........it'll be beautiful in your 63.......????

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Safe at home ready to unload and start playing . Plan to do the thing's i need to do and next winter i will install in car, that way i can still drive with 327 for now. Want to paint it , replace starter bendix, rebuild or replace carb,install standard flywheel,a smaller distributor,had hei {too big hit's firewall}and think about exhaust . I did get straight back header's with it ,don't think i will use those???Got the extra carb's and a large powder coated fan shroud that i will show later,fit's 63 radiator. photo (20).JPG

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Awesome Don!! I picked up a lot of parts today myself, but they were all just stuff to fix the wife's mini-van after a deer decided to commit suicide into the side of it last Monday. :rolleyes

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Awesome Don!! I picked up a lot of parts today myself, but they were all just stuff to fix the wife's mini-van after a deer decided to commit suicide into the side of it last Monday. :rolleyes
Wow you haven"t had any luck with the family vehicle"s lately. The day I bought 409, wife"s front brake"s went metal to metal, and hot water heater would not stay lit.fixed brake"s and had to remove burner assembly to clean off residue of top plate . I thought wow here we go!!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow you haven"t had any luck with the family vehicle"s lately. The day I bought 409, wife"s front brake"s went metal to metal, and hot water heater would not stay lit.fixed brake"s and had to remove burner assembly to clean off residue of top plate . I thought wow here we go!!!!
I hate messing with hot water heaters. I'm glad you got yours fixed because a co-worker was telling me that his started leaking and had to be replaced.....and the stores told him that due to some new regulations that all hot water heaters had just gone up nearly $100. He said he was told this from several different stores. I never researched to see if it was true or not.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Congratulations..........I'm very happy for you.........it'll be beautiful in your 63.......????
Who said it would go in my 63??? I just might have to look for a 1964 palomar red ss with the rare silver interior,just like I had back when new??? It was a 340 hp 409 also. With 4 speed. I"m thinking and getting dangerous!!!!

Last edited: