409 Parts Lot

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I need to get my oldest son up there to fix your kitchen project so you can build some 409s.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Do you know what helped to that 62 in the picture you posted? Too bad motor got separated from the car.
No idea on the car... that's the only picture I've ever seen of it... I don't know where the block is either... I believe the heads and one intake were original from this car and possibly the one set of carbs... there's also some pretty wild looking pistons that came with the deal too.. I'll get some pics of those posted up later...

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
No idea on the car... that's the only picture I've ever seen of it... I don't know where the block is either... I believe the heads and one intake were original from this car and possibly the one set of carbs... there's also some pretty wild looking pistons that came with the deal too.. I'll get some pics of those posted up later...
Did you buy these part's from the guy that raced or just relation.??????

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Geeeezzzzz, better than winning the lottery almost. Although now you probably need the lottery win to play with the whole lot.

Certainly wouldn't find that sort of loot laying around in any shed here in NZ.

Gav

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Looks like some kind of experimental piston.That third flycut that looks like a valve clearance cut probably is a clearance for spark plug flame travel.Lots of people think lots of things. Some of them work pretty well.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Found a windage tray and some more trinkets... the painted valve covers had holes drilled for breathers in the front, found those too.... both sets of steel valve covers have drippers.....:good
IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0218.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 79

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The tag on the pistons may be the clue. The 430 MEL Lincoln engines are 4.30" bore and uses a wedge chamber like a 409. Pistons may be a modified piston for one of them.