409 Parts Lot

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
Ricky, how'd you get in my garage??????:crazy. You know, I remember that guy. Who'd a thunk he would have all that. Goes to show you have to keep on the hunt, there's still gold out there:pray. Call me when you'll be at the shop , so I can come and drool:)

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Tom,

So the College for Women

Painesville

there's got to be some jokes about that !!

Triple900

Good find..... I bought a 61 Bubletop from a collector who did not do the restoration or 409 install. it is a 422 block. I cant find any info that says it was ever used in a truck. I haven't pulled the heads, My quesion to you is how do you know the engine is a truck engine? are the heads off Thanks kevin

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good find..... I bought a 61 Bubletop from a collector who did not do the restoration or 409 install. it is a 422 block. I cant find any info that says it was ever used in a truck. I haven't pulled the heads, My quesion to you is how do you know the engine is a truck engine? are the heads off Thanks kevin
Kevin... can you see if the suffix stamp is still on the deck?

Triple900

Thanks for the point to the suffix code its partially blocked by the ac bracket but the last two letters are QB which according to the chart I found is an Impala so that clears it for me

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
Yea , like Phil says. QB is for full size cars. If the stamp is original , you got yourself a 425 horse engine, or at least it started out that way.
No trucks ever came with that motor .