61 biscayne build

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I took my bumpers to a swap meet in Wichita,KS where this company attends meets and saved shipping one way costs . Was very satisfied with their work and had two different vehicles done with them. I don't know if they still attend meets . They can arrange pickup for you . Lifetime guarantee as long as you own the items. You can read all the info on their site. Click on the menu bar for all details

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I just picked up my front&rear 3 piece bumpers for my 62 and a couple other parts they were $1250 and he has done my 59 one piece bumpers also Niagara custom plating might be a bit far though

TheLRZ

Well Known Member
I priced rechroming front & back 62 Chevy california one piece bumpers ( at Back to the Fifties)
price was from Northern Plating in Brainerd, Mn. Price was good till Dec of 2022.
price was $2000 for both bumpers……
I paid under $500 to $600 per one piece bumper locally for years( that company in South Sioux City, Nebraska, closed 3 years ago)

A friend had both front & rear 62 Chevy 3 piece bumpers done in early 2022 - cost was $1400 for both.
His bumpers were done at Industrial Plating in Omaha( good company).
They have to send out one piece bumpers to Minnesota ( but stopped doing it because of the high cost).
Paul
I just got a quote up here in Canada for 62 3 piece bumpers. 1250 each. About the same with exchange. I guess I’ll be running the as removed versions

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
well, car is home, but to say it is painted doesn't quite cut it. The individual i hired slid more clear coat on the ground than he put on the car.....and then said he was done, just get my car out of his garage. Unfortunately was paying cash as we went along but boy was he NOT a painter.....needless to say i'm very disappointed and don't really know what to do.....maybe sand out the runs (many) and scuff off the clear and then leave it alone. Had him quit shooting after one coat of clear; it was that bad....just bummed.

• Wow
Reactions: 327

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry to hear this. You might want to try shoot a few coats of clear yourself. Sand the runs down (at least most of the way without getting too much into the color), scuff the rest of the car with 400 wet, mask it and shoot a few coats on. Whether you get runs or orange peel, you can wet sand smooth and start the buffing process. The biggest problem, it takes time. Good luck.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Runs on the first coat, wow. What a clown. Even I'm not that bad. That sucks Dean.

I like what Jim said, carefully wet sand the whole car with 400 and start over. Any areas that he actually laid down flat you can just scuff and shoot over, any areas that popped or ran, you probably have to go down to the base again. Clear is pretty forgiving I bet you could shoot it yourself.