'61 Impala SS @ Russo & Steel

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I kinda hate to post this.... I sold the car about a year ago, it was sold new here in my hometown, I bought it from the original owner back in '96, I restored it and owned it for about 13 years. I had hoped the present owner would keep it for a while but he has listed it with Russo & Steel..
If anyone wants one, this is the most documented and original '61 SS on the planet. If anyone here is interested in the car I'll be glad to answer questions about it.
I hate to see it sold now because of the ecomony but at least we'll now get to see what the public thinks a real one is worth.

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/1961-Chevrolet-Impala-Factory-Built-SS/20001

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Beautiful car Tommy!!!! What HP??? I notice the intake is painted.

305 HP, original motor, carb, generator, starter, transmission, shifter etc. Transmission has never had the side cover off, still got the grease the factory put in it . The original owner was from the old school....never replaced anything, had the stuff rebuilt as it needed it

bobs409

Administrator
Wow, I never thought you would sell that one Tommy. Didn't even know about that.

Let's see what it gets then huh? I know one thing, it's sure out of my price range. :D

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I may have to drive over there and see what it brings. Would be interesting to hover around the display and eavesdrop on the "Experts" to hear their opinions.:pop

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Interesting that the auction occurs on the exact date of my 61rst birthday. I'll have to pass that along to my lovely spouse, as I am sure she will be looking for a nice gift for me :).

Cheers!

TomK

bobs409

Administrator
I was thinking you guys might "pass the hat" and get it for me. :D I never had a 61 SS before and it would look good in my signature below: :deal :pray

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I was thinking you guys might "pass the hat" and get it for me. :D I never had a 61 SS before and it would look good in my signature below: :deal :pray

Would you consider a trading your 66 Chevelle for it??????????????????

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Beautiful Car...I plan on attending auction, not sure what day my passes are for.....It will be a pleasure to see this in person.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
'61 Bel Air, Hard Top, 348, going at or around 9 pm tonight at Barrett-Jackson. Appears to be Maroon with Fawn interior, according to my eyes.

Lonnie

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
'61 Bel Air, Hard Top, 348, going at or around 9 pm tonight at Barrett-Jackson. Appears to be Maroon with Fawn interior, according to my eyes.

Lonnie

Figures.....I sit here for an hour waiting for the'61 to go across the block and they cut away to something else just as it comes up and they come back as the next car goes across. I have no idea what the '61 sold for!!!:bang
It crossed the block at 7 PM

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
real61ss is scheduled for Sat 9:51

But that's Russo & Steel, as far as I know, not on TV