'61 Impala SS @ Russo & Steel

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
58 delivery,
I am interested in what my old car brings but that's Saurday at Russo & Steel. I was talking about the maroon '61 Bel-air that sold tonight on B-J

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I see the Russo-Steel auction site, but wasn't able to find the link to view the auctions via live Web cast. There is a "tv" link, but that doesn't seem to be operational. Anyone know what the link might be?

Just in case my wife wants to place a bid on my birthday :) :) :).

Best,
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you follow this link http://www.speedfantasybid.com/ then to the left of the "2012 Fantasy bid /Jan 19-22" it says click here to watch live!

I watched the 61 Bel Air Honduras Maroon with Fawn interior 348/340 4-speed sell for 48,000.00

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Dan:

Thanks for the link. I will be "tuned in" but I doubt my wife will :).

I was surprised to see how high that '61 BA sport coupe went for. For sure it was a quality restoration, but the drive train was clearly not original to the car, as was disclosed. The two bidders really must have wanted it!

They noted it was an "FJ" engine, wasn't that the 305 horse engine like the one in Tommy's former 1961 SS car? They kept saying "340 horse". Either way it was a nice clone that went for what I thought was a lot of dollars.

Can't wait for Saturday and the Russo-Steele auction!!!

TomK

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tom,
I understand the car is scheduled to go across the block between 9:50 and 10:10 auction people sent this info:

The auction will be LIVE online. You can click on the watch live online below for the link or go to the website and click on the watch live online.
Thanks!
Stephanie

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan:

Thanks for the link. I will be "tuned in" but I doubt my wife will :).

I was surprised to see how high that '61 BA sport coupe went for. For sure it was a quality restoration, but the drive train was clearly not original to the car, as was disclosed. The two bidders really must have wanted it!

They noted it was an "FJ" engine, wasn't that the 305 horse engine like the one in Tommy's former 1961 SS car? They kept saying "340 horse". Either way it was a nice clone that went for what I thought was a lot of dollars.

Can't wait for Saturday and the Russo-Steele auction!!!

TomK
Made me fell pretty good about my car....:deal

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Dan noted: If you follow this link http://www.speedfantasybid.com/ then to the left of the "2012 Fantasy bid /Jan 19-22" it says click here to watch live!

I think that link is to the B-J site. At least that's what I got.

Anyone know the link to the Russo-Steel auction? I'm going to go explore and see if I can't discover that. Surely my lovely wife will have found it by now :) I am quite delusional!

TomK

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tom,
Just go to the Russo & Steel home site, scrol down the page and you'll see click here to "watch live". You'll have to type in your name and email address then you can watch the auction live.

Wonder did Larry Greer's '61 cross the block at the Silver Auction last night or today?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Did I miss something? Been connected live to the Russo-Steele auction, didn't see Tommy's '61. Watched for over an hour, then had to recharge my battery.

Did it convey, and at what price?

Best,
TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I was off by twelve hours! Hopefully my wife will be up that late giving it her best shot :).

TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm hooked up and ready for 10PM. But...............watched a 70 Chevelle LS6 4-speed go thru R&S and it sold for $52,500. A yellow 70 Chevelle LS6 4-speed just went thru Barrett-Jackson for $150,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the big money still goes to B-J. Would think Tommy's 61 SS would bring bigger money at B-J. Guess we'll see or....................never know !!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm hooked up and ready for 10PM. But...............watched a 70 Chevelle LS6 4-speed go thru R&S and it sold for $52,500. A yellow 70 Chevelle LS6 4-speed just went thru Barrett-Jackson for $150,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the big money still goes to B-J. Would think Tommy's 61 SS would bring bigger money at B-J. Guess we'll see or....................never know !!!

Isn't that 10pm Az time? You guys will be up for awhile still. Oh well it's Saturday night.