62 409 4 Speed

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
IT's been a while since anything has happened on the 62, Like many stories, the 62 went back to the metal guy in Feb and all he had to do was to make to new door panels.:gaah and had been pretty much been sitting in the corner.
10 months later and he's JUST made a start on it :happyFront guards on, new hood on, to be aligned still.

I probably had the best present of all arrive a few months ago after many many months of waiting, including huge shipping delays, etc, etc, etc and that was the headers :winner:winner and as you all know, they fitted like a glove.
Had put a side bet on with the metal guy about the fitment of the headers and he rubbished me, but glad to say that a left after fitting them up with a box of beer under my arm and a big smile on my face. :D

So if the metal guy cracks on now that he's started, it should be in to paint for the early part of next year.

IMG_3030.jpgIMG_3034.jpgIMG_3069 (1).jpgIMG_3074 (3).jpgIMG_3077 (2).jpg

Cheers
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great to hear things are progressing Gav. Things move pretty slow sometimes. Lookin good.

Wilson headers I'd bet. He operates like some of the people that sell benchrest stuff.

Bring that beer along when you come visit.... :drunk
Not wrong with how slow things can move at time.
I would go to the shop and as things do you see cars come and go and you question this and you get told you're next. Yeah - Yeah.
Problem is that he is an excellent fabricator and rates are reasonable.

:drinking:drinking:bong:shaker

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
TUXEDO BLACK

There are no current paint matches at this end of the world. I have had a couple of paint shops trying to locate a formula for todays paints but no luck and what black I do have left on the car is not good enough to get any paint matching done on it.

I know black is black is black and it would be easy enough to use any black and just call it Tuxedo and no one will know the difference, except for me.

But I am going to a lot of effort to try and make it all original as possible, so if anyone has had a Tuxedo black mixed in recent times and happy to share any paint codes then i would be very grateful.

Cheers
Gav

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
TUXEDO BLACK

There are no current paint matches at this end of the world. I have had a couple of paint shops trying to locate a formula for todays paints but no luck and what black I do have left on the car is not good enough to get any paint matching done on it.

I know black is black is black and it would be easy enough to use any black and just call it Tuxedo and no one will know the difference, except for me.

But I am going to a lot of effort to try and make it all original as possible, so if anyone has had a Tuxedo black mixed in recent times and happy to share any paint codes then i would be very grateful.

Cheers
Gav
do you have PPG their ? its just 99S or i can give you part off my can?

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Finally, progress. After having words with my panel guy 3 weeks ago saying "come on mate, pull finger":cuss and with a push from Steve as well, I'm pleased to say that the last of the panel work in now being done with the door skins now having been made and will be fitted up this coming week.

Once that is complete, then the paint prep begins. :fearBeing black an all.

The hood that is on there is a dynacorn one and they are real impressed for quality and alignment.

IMG_3303.jpgIMG_3302.jpg

Gav