62 409 4 Speed

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I believe that M is the Dec. code.
Hey Phil, I was going to say that I know that there are differences between you and, Like we drive on the right and you on the left, we say boot lid you say trunk, I'm good looking and you're, well, ummm a fine man :teehee.
Then when you made mention that "M" was for Dec, I started to relearn my ABC's :browand thought, hmmmm :rub, now this is one area where you and I should both be on the telekinetic way length and that "M" is the 13th letter and not 12th of the ABC's. :rolleyes

SOOOOOOOO, I thought before I say anything that would make a mighty fine Kiwi as one's self, look silly against a Guru (will let you know when I find one :roll:laugh) then I would do a little more searching to see as to why you believed the "M" = Dec.

Alas, as it turns out, that "I" was dropped from being used in these codes as at times "I" had been mistaken for "1,One" :appl

Now that, that is sorted and that I am a believer again, would it then mean that "A" was the day of the A = Monday!

Cheers
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well here we go again, All my Goods were meant to have left the States in April, Then May, then is was June and now I received this message this morning from the shipping Co :bang:furious COME ON MAN :laugh3

Good morning Gavin
The container with your shipment was due to load on board the JPO Libra V212S

We have been advised that the container is now on a US Customs Hold – we are waiting to be advised if the container is going to Price Transfer for a full US Customs exam

We are waiting for the shipping line to advise new vessel details

Please note charges from US Customs will be applicable

We will be in touch as soon as the container has been released.

Gav
So we go back to April when all my accumulated parts were meant to have left the States. Then there's been all sorts of problems.
We are now the middle of august and I am still :bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3:bore3.
I am told that they are in Australia now and have been for the last few weeks and awaiting a trans ship boat to Auckland. Then they have to wait for another Trans ship boat from Auckland to Christchurch, so at this stage I MAY have by the mid September, best case. :grumble:grumble:grumble:furious:furious.
I guess Christmas is just around corner, so who knows :dunno

Gav

carlos.m

Well Known Member
Can someone tell me how much are these cars going for ,speaking of a true 1962 ss 409/409 with 4 speed and needing a complete restoration , and the reason im asking is because I bought one like two years ago and stared the restoration , but wasn't able to complete due to losing my job and now thinking about selling it. its a number matching car and like to add the person that I had purchase it from wanted 21g I talked him down to 16g. was that a fair price that I had payed?

Reactions: 327

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well it looks like I will never get a set of Wilson Headers, have been waiting for well over 12 months now and Mark is real hard to get hold of. May now have to look at getting my own set made here. I do know some smart cookies in this area. Any thing is possible, it's just MONEY:eek1

The other shit thing now is that the exchange rate to the US$ is the worst it has been in over a decade. Anything with buy now that goes through on the credit card we now only get .54 US cents to a NZ$:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So I have now officially given up on getting a set of Wilson Headers, Mark won't respond to any of my emails and have rung a few times and left messages, but to no avail. :pout. Just some correspondence would have been nice.

I went and saw my panel guy this week and he said his exhaust guy can come out and make a set. About 3 days work tops + materials total around NZ $3000. To get a set of Wilsons from US to NZ would have been in the vicinity of NZ $2300 - $2500.

First step to get a set of header flange plates cut out and I will start sourcing all materials in advance.

Gav