62 409 4 Speed

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congrats Gav!!!!
Another thought...............leave it in LA and come over finish it here. Then you could drive it to Great Bend in September so we can all see it!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine the LOVE you'd get in Great Bend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Phil,
Yeah that would be just awesome to do that alright, but a certain thing such as work might just get in the way of that idea a little bit:bat. But I will be in the USA over June and July this year so hope to catch with some of you great folk over this time.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav:

Congrats on your acquisition of another line on your bucket list of vehicles! We look forward to seeing your progress. It's quite a different challenge than we have here in the States. Our challenge is to simply find stuff in good or repairable condition. You add quite a bit beyond the chase, since you have to think about shipping as many things at one time as you can. That's an even more difficult challenge to coordinate that coming together :).

Cheers!
TomK
Tom,
Yes there are always a few challenges at time with shipping and of course this also adds thousands of dollars to the purchase price with freight costs and we also have to pay tax on the purchase price as well.:cuss. So we always try to fill any vehicle up with as much stuff as possible because this then saves on freight costs.

The guys we deal with in LA for shipping called Kiwi shipping / Mainfreight always do a great job with arranging all domestic collection/transport as well as the ocean freight.

cheers
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Gav, we will have to build a double rotisserie (spelling???) so we get the 61 on there at the same time:scratch
or we just do what we have for the last number of years and build it together:dunno

Cant wait to see the 62 when it gets here, you might have to put the 409 in the 59 to test run it for a while

Steve
A double rotisserie, now that would be something:rub
Yeah the old waiting game begins, will duly keep you informed when its due to arrive.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
thanks all for your comments.
I would just like to say that dealing with Mike who i bought the car from has been a real pleasure and he has been very accomodating to supplying all the requested photos and info etc in order to be able to make this great deal. Thanks Mike.:clap

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well things are starting to move on the 62. Mike who I have bought the car off now has it all but ready for transporting down to LA from WI, which at this stage is scheduled to depart late next week and has done a great job in assembling (almost a driver by the looks of it). Mike has been excellent to deal with and considering that we didn't know each other from a bar of soap and now I would have to say that now we have become very good acquaintances and look forward to meeting up with him on our travels over June & July this year.
I have amassed a great number of parts so far from different places and will all be sent with the car and these include a full set of suspension parts including new springs, I have purchased from 58delivery (mike) 2" drop spindles, disc brake conversion with brake booster & cyl (thanks Mike:clap) an additional diff top control arm from BSL409, which I'll collect from Brian when we are over in June (cheers Brian:beer) a set of jardine headers 2\ to 2-1/8\" to 2-1/4\"""" to 3-1/2\"""" collectors and additional parts from Show Cars, plus many more
goodies in order to commence the project with.:happy

DSC03203 (1).jpg DSC03204.jpg DSC03205.jpg DSC03208.jpg

Gav

Attachments

• DSC03203 (1).jpg
    DSC03203 (1).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03204.jpg
    DSC03204.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looking good Gav,
You around over the weekend?

Steve
thanks, Working Saturday morning so will drop in on the way home, which will be around 1ish.
Jason (yellow wagon) dropped of the block and parts to Mikes a couple of weeks ago so they are good to travel.
Gav

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well things are starting to move on the 62. Mike who I have bought the car off now has it all but ready for transporting down to LA from WI, which at this stage is scheduled to depart late next week and has done a great job in assembling (almost a driver by the looks of it). Mike has been excellent to deal with and considering that we didn't know each other from a bar of soap and now I would have to say that now we have become very good acquaintances and look forward to meeting up with him on our travels over June & July this year.
I have amassed a great number of parts so far from different places and will all be sent with the car and these include a full set of suspension parts including new springs, I have purchased from 58delivery (mike) 2" drop spindles, disc brake conversion with brake booster & cyl (thanks Mike:clap) an additional diff top control arm from BSL409, which I'll collect from Brian when we are over in June (cheers Brian:beer) a set of jardine headers 2\ to 2-1/8\" to 2-1/4\"""" to 3-1/2\"""" collectors and additional parts from Show Cars, plus many more
goodies in order to commence the project with.:happy

View attachment 24798 View attachment 24799 View attachment 24800 View attachment 24801

Gav
Notice the 62 wagon in the one picture?????
Gav....hope you put Kansas City on your schedule this summer!!!!

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Car is looking great Gav! Should be a really nice project for you when it gets to your side of the pond. Yea Phil, Mike has lots of cool stuff. That 62 wagon being one of them. Powered by a fresh small block, it was his daughter's daily driver in high school. I believe Mike is looking to sell the car now. Really a cool car!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Notice the 62 wagon in the one picture?????
Gav....hope you put Kansas City on your schedule this summer!!!!

Hey Phil,
Yes I have you on my hit list :hide (to visit), which will probably be around mid june ish. Attending a NHRA event in Tennessee over june 13 & 14 then a few more days to get up to kanas.
Gav

Aqua409ss

Well Known Member
Looks like a lot of fun is heading over NZ way, great find bud!!!I managed to find a 409 up around MI way from a guy named dave too, Was actually quite
easy to get it down from MI to the docks in CA and then over to Brizzy in OZ, its just the sitting back and relaxing that send you a bit:dance.

Those headers you are getting I'm a deed a wanting, show cars won't post them to me:cuss.

Awesome car bud

Attachments

• 1014191_10151801605625149_2023258071_n.jpg
    1014191_10151801605625149_2023258071_n.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 24

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well the car is now on it's first leg to NZ and was picked from Mikes today in WI and will start its journey to LA on Monday. Really have fingers crossed that it will be back in NZ before we head away to the states at the beginning of June:dance.

Gav

Attachments

• DSC03224.jpg
    DSC03224.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC03225.jpg
    DSC03225.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC03226.jpg
    DSC03226.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 92

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well the car is now on it's first leg to NZ and was picked from Mikes today in WI and will start its journey to LA on Monday. Really have fingers crossed that it will be back in NZ before we head away to the states at the beginning of June:dance.

Gav
It looks low in the back Gav, Hope its got something in the trunk:crazy:hug
I bet you are fizzing

Steve