62 409 4 Speed

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, first drama! Car has arrived in LA and while in transit the lower RH A arm has pulled away from the ball joint.:bang
So I need to get a new one a.s.a.p. Has any used any of the new A arms from Classic Industries in CA and were they all ok! These are going for around $180.00

Thanks
Gav

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 138

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well, first drama! Car has arrived in LA and while in transit the lower RH A arm has pulled away from the ball joint.:bang
So I need to get a new one a.s.a.p. Has any used any of the new A arms from Classic Industries in CA and were they all ok! These are going for around $180.00

Thanks
Gav
By the looks of that Gav there is only a small part that has been not cracked on the A Arm
Shame but it is better to find out now.
Would you just see if some one can get you one off a wreck over there so you can get it put on to ship then get new ones?? the other side could be the same??

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
By the looks of that Gav there is only a small part that has been not cracked on the A Arm
Shame but it is better to find out now.
Would you just see if some one can get you one off a wreck over there so you can get it put on to ship then get new ones?? the other side could be the same??

Steve
Hey Steve, Craig Robb has been looking around for one and closest one he has found was in AZ and they wanted $175, so might as well buy a new one at that. And yes, i would be getting one for the otherside as well. Due to this damaged I have missed it getting packed in to a container this week, (sh_it:cry). Craig is going to replace it for me.

Gav

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Steve, Craig Robb has been looking around for one and closest one he has found was in AZ and they wanted $175, so might as well buy a new one at that. And yes, i would be getting one for the otherside as well. Due to this damaged I have missed it getting packed in to a container this week, (sh_it:cry). Craig is going to replace it for me.

Gav

PM Tripower (Dan) he is in Washington state and has a couple of parts cars, may be able to help
You will need tie rod as well or just get Craig to straighten that one at the moment as it is only rolling not driving

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
PM Tripower (Dan) he is in Washington state and has a couple of parts cars, may be able to help
You will need tie rod as well or just get Craig to straighten that one at the moment as it is only rolling not driving

Steve
Thanks, There are new tie rods and ball joints in the car.
I think in light of what has happened I might just bite the bullet and get a couple of new ones.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Gav, there a number of members in SoCal on the forum, maybe put an urgent help in the announcement and wanted areas, I've got one hanging on my shed wall but hey I'm further from your car than you are.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
UPDATE :pop 62 has left the port of LA and now heading to Christchurch, New Zealand with an ETA of May 13th :dance.
Will arrive in time to have a good going over in order to make up a nice shopping list before we leave for the States on June 4th.:clap

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So I was originally thinking that i would go with dropped front end, but the more i think about it and look at different pictures, I'm now possibly leaning towards nose in the air.
I have coming in with the car a set of front replacement springs of 6004, but will this give me a nose in the air stance! If not then any suggestions of what I would need to look at in order to achieve this as far as coil springs and shocks that would be needed to achieve this!
Thanks for Suggestions.

Gav

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So I was originally thinking that i would go with dropped front end, but the more i think about it and look at different pictures, I'm now possibly leaning towards nose in the air.
I have coming in with the car a set of front replacement springs of 6004, but will this give me a nose in the air stance! If not then any suggestions of what I would need to look at in order to achieve this as far as coil springs and shocks that would be needed to achieve this!
Thanks for Suggestions.

Gav
Gav, they make aluminum spacers for the springs in ½” ¾” and 1” that work well but be careful how far up you go though it will be hard to align the front end with the nose in the air to much

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 6004"s will bring it up a bunch from the low look of regular old springs. Put them in and see what you think. I have a set I am putting in mine, can send pics when done, but I an sure others have pics too they can post of 6004"s.

Don

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, they make aluminum spacers for the springs in ½” ¾” and 1” that work well but be careful how far up you go though it will be hard to align the front end with the nose in the air to much
The 6004"s will bring it up a bunch from the low look of regular old springs. Put them in and see what you think. I have a set I am putting in mine, can send pics when done, but I an sure others have pics too they can post of 6004"s.

Don
Thanks gents, much appreciated,
Brian, who makes the spacers and would longer shocks also be required in order to accommodate extra height! I have looked at show cars and rock auto's for these spacers.
Thanks
Gav

Aqua409ss

Well Known Member
540155_10151555180205149_1661853361_n.jpg Hey bud do you have a picture of what height you are looking for? i brought some king springs in OZ and they have put the front end up about 2" above the front wheel, i have the 409 in it.
I regretfuly chopped my springs b4 dropping a 409 in and would be interested in your out come would be

Picture above is what im going for .....Z11 wannabe

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks gents, much appreciated,
Brian, who makes the spacers and would longer shocks also be required in order to accommodate extra height! I have looked at show cars and rock auto's for these spacers.
Thanks
Gav
Gav, Shocks will be fine I have bought on ebay & Summit I have them in the front and rear of my 62 Biscayne

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
View attachment 26022 Hey bud do you have a picture of what height you are looking for? i brought some king springs in OZ and they have put the front end up about 2" above the front wheel, i have the 409 in it.
I regretfuly chopped my springs b4 dropping a 409 in and would be interested in your out come would be

Picture above is what im going for .....Z11 wannabe
Hi ya, Yeah not a hundred % sure as to how high but if i can get away with just adding some spacers like Brian mentioned then this might be the cheapest option since I already have new coil springs coming.
Thanks
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, I just took these out of my 61 to lower the front end a little more. Summit part #sps-1103 1/2"

View attachment 26046
Way cool, thanks for that. Think I will start with a set of these and then will the new coils see what the stance looks like. Obviously a little ways off before I need them but what better time to be looking at this stuff with us being over there now in just over three weeks.

Thanks for your help.
Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
MERRY XMAS TO ME,
Look what was delivered to me today. WOOOO HOOOO, all the way from the great mother land.
Let that games begin.:dance

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0025.JPG