62 biscayne 409 project

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Measure those Moog front springs when they arrive and we can compare them to the ones I've got laying around :).

Am I correct in that there are no tabs on those A arms for the sway bar install? Is that maybe a Biscayne thing, or a 6 cylinder thing?

Cheers! TomK
Good point Tom on the missing tabs for sway bar??? What will James do ??? He always has the answer ????:D

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
So as assembling the front end I thought there has to be a way to get the jack as far out on the control arm for the best leverage to compress the spring so the upper ball joint can be connected. With the lower ball joint pointing down it makes it tough. So I notice a pocket between the spring seat and the ball joint that looks like a good point to jack from. after scrounging for some material to work with, this is what I came up with, and it works real good. :good
I used my spring compressor to get the spring to around 15 to 16 inches as that seemed to be a height that I could get the spring started in the seats. I don't like loading the spring any more than is needed as I feel the safety level goes down and make me nervous. So with this method the car weight and jack can do the most of the spring compression..
20191019_123116.jpg
20191019_123229.jpg
20191019_123046.jpg
20191019_122630 (2).jpg