62 Impala rustoration: We're going to try and save another one

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks for saving the hood hinges, there may be additional parts needed down the road, but not sure what at this point. Good to hear that you are selling all those hard to find original parts. Did you sell any of the 61 -62 convertible stainless for the header , andaround the front windshield? I would have thought that those items would go fast ....

I think I still have 1 or 2 of those top pieces and the outer pillars. The inner pillars sold quick, wish I had more of those. :D Lots of things I never even got to list yet but I'm getting there...

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah I know now, but back in the day, it was just a means of transportation to get to work and back. Had 75,ooo miles on it and traded it for a 1966 Marina Blue Impala 2 dr cpe. Sold that one in 1975 for the grand sum of $75.00 dollars.....back window rusted out...

heddrik

Well Known Member
What a great piece of your life history. I really got a kick out of reading the entire post, the old farts on this site are hilarious! I sold my 55 2 dr hardtop that ran for 100 dollars in 1980. Needed a lot of body work but was all there.Wife not happy, moving. No longer have that wife, wish I had the car. Guess we all get stupid sometime.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well Bob, the day has finally arrived. I started cutting out the floors.20190713_144514.jpg20190713_144525.jpg20190713_144540.jpg20190713_144657.jpg
Whomever patched the floors must have used a few tubes of calling and a box of regular head screws. What a mess trying to cut with the plasma cutter. I gad forgotten how much I enjoy drilling spot welds. Time to call Mike.:laugh4