63 Impala Build Now

gmjack

Change of plans. While hoping to find my dad's 62 ss 409 "the White Lady" or building a tribute of it. An opportunity presented itself that I couldn't turn down. A 63 base impala 2 door 283 3 on the tree white with red interior. My coworkers father bought this car used in 1963 so it has been owned by 1 family for almost 59 years. It needs to be restored. It was in an accident decades ago and has been stolen and recovered twice. I want to do a 60's period correct A/Stock style street racer like my dad's 62. I already have a 348 truck block as the basis for a dual quad 409 build. I need to replace the Saginaw with a proper T-10 4 speed along with a posi unit and put the nose slightly in the air. This is going to take me a few years to complete and I will be relying heavily on the knowledge and assistance of the die hard members in this forum. I look forward to having countless conversations with you all. Thank You

Attachments

• 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 42

gmjack

So I dug up an intake i have had for a few years now and an original 63 air cleaner that my dad had on his 62 . He got it from his friend that bought a brand new 63 dual quad impala. When he sold his 62 he put the black original on and held onto the chrome one for 6 decades. I had this hanging in my room as a kid. I cherish this part and look forward to finally using it soon.

Attachments

• 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 13

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I love the story, that’s cool….. with one family for 59 years….. 59 years will take a toll on anything, I can speak for myself …….somebody cared for that car …….congratulations on a great find……Enjoy the build and the ride…!!!

gmjack

I appreciate the kind replies . I have no idea how this poor car ended up with El Camino hubcaps . They are not that good looking. I have a clean set of poverty caps that will be replacing them.

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5