63 Impala project continues...

bobs409

Administrator
The nicest "outdoor" paint job was my buddies VW Rabbit. Almost no dust or orange peel, very nice gloss and his wife wrecked the car a week later. :facepalm

That never fails Jim. I had a VW beetle painted by a friends dad when I was about 16-17 and it looked great! About 2 weeks later, a very large buck ran out in front of me when I was doing 55 mph. :yikes The dent in the hood was large enough to sit in (and I did at a few beer party's) :D Because the fenders were fiberglass, the headlights popped out too. The buck just got a little air born and ran off... I just pushed the headlights back on and drove away...

New paint jobs are a magnet for disaster. :back

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
watch out, he must of hit something living and green with overspray. epa is a coming at you. jim

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
You must live, in a secluded area Bob, away from nosey neighbors. :dunnoWhen I painted my Chevy, back in the 90's, it only took my next door neighbor 1/2 an hour, to come outside and comment on that terrible smell. I told her, yes that is terrible.:doh I think the guy around the corner, is having his driveway paved. She bought it, and went back inside.:roll

bobs409

Administrator
You must live, in a secluded area Bob, away from nosey neighbors. :dunnoWhen I painted my Chevy, back in the 90's, it only took my next door neighbor 1/2 an hour, to come outside and comment on that terrible smell. I told her, yes that is terrible.:doh I think the guy around the corner, is having his driveway paved. She bought it, and went back inside.:roll

Did she think that was a tea kettle you were holding? :roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
She didn't catch me, with the gun. She was standing in her yard, and talking AT me.:dohThis reminds me, of a funny story. The day we fired up my 355, she was working in her yard. The engine, was running for about 15 minutes, you know 2500 rpm's, to break in the cam. All of a sudden, one of the tower hose clamps comes loose, and a heater hose, blows off the water pump.:doh Within seconds, the intake was covered in antifreeze, as was the pass side header. :doh Hot engine, hot header, antifreeze=FIRE! Black smoke, was billowing out, for about 20 seconds, till I put out the flames, with a Fire Extinguisher. All of a sudden she starts screaming. I'm gonna call the Fire Dept. It's OK Barbara. Don't worry, we have it under control.:doh Anyway, I have never, used those tower clamps again. :bat

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
around 79 i built a house and my parents moved in. a passive solar house in the country a couple of acres. my neighbor lock her self out of her
house. her kids were running around in my house messing with the dogs, the dogs (labs) as usual tolerated it. few months later the dog warden
told my parent we had to fence in the yard for the dogs, guess who complained. a year later, i was burning leaves after i built the fence four inch
sq kind and the fire dept showed up. they did not mind, but told me the epa would fine me. guess who complained. a year later some one took
grass killer and wrote fu in their front yard. a year after that i awoke with a migraine after working late at a homicide scene, i got about four hrs sleep. and saw their cat on my back porch looking at the humming
bird feeder. you should of seen their cat go thru that four inch fence sideways with 38 cal bullets chasing it. six months later they sold their
house. honest to God jim

bobs409

Administrator
A few pics for fun. Still sanding, buffing & assembling! Glad there is no deadline, best to make sure everything is as nice as possible without any shortcuts and I have all winter!

Got the RH fender, valance and hood hinges on today. Hood is in the wet sanding stage and will go on soon.

She's really starting to take shape! :love

DSCN5384.jpg DSCN5385.jpg DSCN5393.jpg DSCN5394.jpg DSCN5392.jpg

Last edited: