A winter storm is coming!

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I know that some of you have it much colder than me (sorry about that) and probably aren't sympathetic to the temperatures that I noted, but... My point was that there is a winter storm here for the next few days that is bringing temperatures of 30 to 40 degrees BELOW NORMAL, and it is probably headed your way if you leave east or northeast of me.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The next few days will be interesting for sure. We're losing trees left and right due to the ice. Haven't lost power thank god. I spent last week on the north slope of Alaska. That was freaking cold! This definitely sucks though.

Would you share what the weather was like there?

Business or pleasure if you're interested in elaborating.

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Would you share what the weather was like there?

Business or pleasure if you're interested in elaborating.

Business. We calibrate all things torque as it applies to the oilfield, whether its on the rig itself or shops' torque machines that build tools that drill the well. Hopefully the current administration keeps us employed.

Even more odd, to me anyways, was the most helpful guy I met up there was a damned Kiwi that drives a fuel altered. :wacko

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We got almost a foot of that white crap today with more expected before it melts and is currently 30 degrees right now but luckily I'm on a stay cation this next week for r and r and quality time with my cars and my better half. We don't get snow like this very often.20210212_200249.jpg

Junky

Well Known Member
Does anyone remember the blizzard of 1947 or 1948? Back then it was common to have blizzards back to back every year.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I feel for the people down south, most water lines in those houses aren't protected against freezing.
Your right James, the frost line here in St Louis is either 30 or 32" but if you go down to the Mo-AR border its only 10". My uncle was an architect and had a book that had a map of the country and listed all the frost lines, I couldn't believe that going only 150 or so miles south the frost line came up that much. So all those people down below the border have their pipes buried very shallow, could be trouble!