Another Flood in Iowa

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What a job, need to sign you up for the engineering the dike and connections to get rid of the dirt.
Paul

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dave, what river is that? Can you give us an idea of what part of Iowa that is. We have flash floods around here every once in a while. along Current river at Van Buren. Most of our area is so hilly, the water goes down in a few hours.
I see these floods on the news and can't imagine what it would be like to watch it come up for days. You did a heck of a job saving what you did. I wish you could send some of that clay down here, all I have is rocks.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It is the Cedar River in East Central Iowa. The Mississippi and Missouri are on the east and west side. Cedar is the 3rd largest.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave.....I just went thru all your pictures...HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!! You worked your a$$ off!! Congrats to you and your family. Glad to see everything looks about the same.
Question............how much land is needed for a shooting range?? Don't you shoot at 1000 yards??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave.....I just went thru all your pictures...HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!! You worked your a$$ off!! Congrats to you and your family. Glad to see everything looks about the same.
Question............how much land is needed for a shooting range?? Don't you shoot at 1000 yards??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate it Phil. We have worked our asses off. Just another bump in the road. We talk about how the good Lord has blessed us with good health. We have lost two good friends in the last couple weeks. Spent time with that stuff in between. FYI, I usually shoot 100/200 yards. Looking at a place tomorrow with 39 acres. High ground with a pond.

The aerial shot tells it all. Great job Dave, as they say you dodged a bullet. :appl

Thanks Shan. What have you been up to? Haven't seen you all year.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
A great Christmas Eve for me. After my toy shed flooded September 24th I had to wait forever to get someone to take out the wet insulation behind the paneling and chipboard. I hired servpro to start with. They came and drilled 1" holes between every stud and ran a whole bank of de-humidifiers. After 4 days they said they weren't getting any where, no $hit. Their estimate was $1,400 but they ended up charging $500 so it wasn't too expensive of an education. After the carpenters finally got done I started getting everything back together a couple of weeks ago. Just got EVERYTHING done around noon today.
What a friggin PIA.....not a good hobby.