Back home!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That was quick!

I went in first thing Monday morning, surgery went well, recovery went well, did the required PT (100 steps, set of stairs, in and out of a car).

TK in Boone Hospital 2018.jpg

Went home 36 hours after surgery :). I now have a replacement left hip that should serve me well assuming I do the rehab correctly. There's a lot more things to take into account with hips as opposed to knees. Basically you can't be 90 degrees at the hip, cross your legs, or point your toes inward.

Thanks for all your good wishes, I plan to be back stronger than ever!

Cheers!

TomK

TomK

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Glad it went well. Looks like you were enjoying some happy juice.
You should write a report for those of us who may face the same issue some day.
Anybody get a shoulder done?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
At first I thought this was a Bo post. Too many guys in hospital. Glad all went well Tom.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom get well soon and make sure you follow your physical therapy and watch for infection! I had my left hip replaced 2 years ago and ended back in the hospital a week later with sepsis but thanks to pain pills I thought I was fine lol, if I didn't have my wife I would have died.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Glad it went well. Looks like you were enjoying some happy juice.
You should write a report for those of us who may face the same issue some day.
Anybody get a shoulder done?
Cecil,
I have had a complete rleft shoulder replacement about 10 years ago and right hip replaced about 6 years ago. The therapy and recovery time for the shoulder was much mote difficult. Gravity works against you with the shoulder. I have 100 percent range of motion and am pain free. Just don't ask me to open a jar of pickles. The hip doee not feel as natural as the shoulder and I managed to dislocate it about a year ago while working on the 62. The upside was I now can appreciate the pain of child birth.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tom, get well soon, just do your therapy as everybody has probably already told you.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tom, lookin good! I’m sure you will rehab quickly!
Meanwhile, if you need any of us to come take some of those way too heavy 409 parts out of your new manshed, just let us know!

We can get them out of your way so you dont strain yourself.

Just trying to help!
LOL LOL LOL