Big Mistake

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Idaho Here

I'd be willing to look or assist in South Idaho or Eastern Oregon as needed....:)

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I can help out in and around Minneapolis Minnesota.:)
(Unless the car is in the Ghetto, Drug infested Crappy areas of Minneapolis, then you are on your own).:nono1:

bobs409

Administrator
Maybe we need to put together some type of searchable database for this. :deal (thank to DQ for a great idea!) :cheers

Something like this;

1) Your Name-City-State-Zipcode

2) How far you will travel to do this for free

3) How far you will travel to do this at a cost for time/fuel. (hey, gas ain't cheap!) :D

We would want to clarify that no one can be held responsible for those hidden surprises! Bondo and paint can hide many things!!! :eek: Those that offer to do this will do their best I'm sure. :)

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob Walker

Those crabs can be hard to get rid off. I'd a just settled for the beer.:eek: :roll

I'd like to help with this,could do north central IL., onlyproblem is I'm on the road and don't get home but a day or two on the weekend.

If you look at the pictures of my 58 in the photo album the paint looks great, as it was advertised on ebay, well it's bad, but I seen it in person before I bought it. I bought it because of the fact it is rust free and solid. I never even started it cuz the plan was to put a 454 in it, then I ran across this bunch. Finally got the 09block back from the machine shop last week. Heads are done. Building the MPFI intake now.:)

I've been there before:(

Hey that sucks to to hear to got ripped off. I bought a jeep off ebay and had to put 1k ( Rebuild carb and new 4x4 vaccum lines) when I got. THe good thing is I took it to the dealer to have the work done and the dumb *** popped the clucth and the jeep jumped into a steel table and the ins. co. totaled the car. I bought it back from ins. and fixed myself. God was definatlly on my side.
Now for your car, ebay say contact square trade and that is just a waste of time b/c they email the seller and if the seller doesn't respond within a week they close the case.
I just watched his other items and told potentall buyers what happend to me. I even made a new ebay name and won some item and never paid to give myself a little satifaction. I'll never buy a car w/o seeing it.
........................ LIVE AND LEARN thats all we can do.......................
Good luck with evey thing.....................................................................

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Guys,
Sorry to learn about the unfortunate deal on eBay. Count me in for Iowa. I'm now located in Des Moines so I'm right in the middle of the state!!
Ross

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
will help

Guys, I live in the central part of Texas, will help out with in 150 miles of Hamilton.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
WOW. never thought one bad deal would generate 34 responses, seems like lots of good folks have been fooled by a few bad guys. Count me in, if we can create a data base. AZ409

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Count me in on Eastern Shore of Maryland and can cover Southern Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Va.
Please send the beer and crabs IN ADVANCE:brow
Can't do West of the bay. Must leave Baltimore to Walker Heh Heh:)

Oh I forgot I only do Ocean City in the Winter Too Hot and too much traffic.

This IS a great idea, DQ:deal :brow
I have been "recruited" to inspect cars here in Alberta ( once into BC as well ) a number of times. What has been rewarding is, most of the time, the deals were made. I only remember one where the car was not what it was supposed to have been.

On a positive note, some of these long disatance deals really work. When I sold my 64 convertible 3 years ago, to a guy who wouldn't stop hounding me:doh ;) ... he emailed his offer "number", and I reluctantly agreed. The following day, he wired half the purchase price. I replaced the carpet, changed the rear gears, and gave the engine a thorough tune up. He wired the balance a week later, and the car was transported by enclosed trailer, some 2800 miles.
2 days after he recieved the car, he phoned me, and said that he had jammed the shifter ( stock 4 speed ) and couldn't get it to work. He then made suggestion,...
a couple days later, I was provided a round trip plane ticket to Montreal, just to fix the shifter:beerbang . Away I went. Fixed the shifter in 15 minutes, and got to hang out with Brent for a couple days, seeing the sites:deal .

Anyhow, if anybody is looking at a car in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba... I'm available. Have the means to transport too.